News South Sydney’s Burgess twins have emerged as shock contenders to replace David Klemmer

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, WOW..... just WOW..!!!!!!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rusty would go into meltdown.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im hoping this is rubbish....but if our club is seriously considering swapping Klem for the Burgess thugs they are as dumb as I thought.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s absolute rubbish. The rumour started here on the kennel a few days ago when a few members were saying we should make a play for the Burgess brothers because they haven’t resigned yet. That’s all it is. Stupid Jurno didn’t read past those few threads.
Did Dean Ritchie write the story ? He’s familiar with stealing stories from forums.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im hoping this is rubbish....but if our club is seriously considering swapping Klem for the Burgess thugs they are as dumb as I thought.
Settle down sweetheart

Malla

Reaction score
It took them till this year to have a good year since 2014. I could see them shitting the bed without Sam there holding their hands.

They would want big money too.
Better coaching this year.

Maguire is garbage, he had probably one of the best teams in NRL history and could only win one comp.

I wouldn't mind the twins if this is true. They have a couple of good years max left in 'em.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SOUTH Sydney twins George and Tom Burgess have emerged as shock contenders to replace Newcastle-bound prop David Klemmer at Canterbury.

The Burgess brothers have been identified on a hit list of players as the Bulldogs edge closer to releasing Klemmer to join the Knights on a four-year deal.

Canterbury officials will spend the off-season scouring the player market for a prop while they’ll also monitor the NRL’s coaching carousel.

Klemmer is expected to leave Canterbury for Newcastle. Photo by Matt King/Getty Images.
If Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett ends up at Souths this season in a swap with Anthony Seibold it could place uncertainty on the Burgess brothers’ future.

Bennett is keen to lure Broncos big man Tevita Pangai Junior to the Rabbitohs from 2020 when his contract expires.

This could force at least one of the Burgess brothers to leave Redfern for another club like Canterbury.

Tom and George are off-contract at the end of 2019 and the Bulldogs will closely monitor their situations.

Canterbury also have their sights set on the likes of Martin Taupau, Addin Fonua-Blake and Dylan Napa.

Klemmer is still on leave for another five weeks following Australia’s tour of New Zealand but his move to Newcastle is expected to be finalised in the coming weeks.

Canterbury have also explored bringing Martin Taupau back to the club. Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images.
The Origin and Test prop has already conducted a medical with the Knights while was recently seen looking at real estate in the Hunter.

Newcastle coach Nathan Brown refused to confirm the club was chasing Klemmer but he admitted they’d chat to the Canterbury prop if he became available.

“I’d rather focus on players we have, but if anything was to eventuate there, we’d be willing to talk,” Brown said.

“We’ve made no secret that we need one or two players of that front row status, if they are not a Test player, but have the potential to be a Test player.

“For our forward pack it is a position that we certainly need to strengthen and it is a position that with our cap we have planned to strengthen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even though Sam Burgess is a gigantic **** and Tom and George not much better... they'd take out pack to another level.

But aren't they signed up long term at Souths?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though Sam Burgess is a gigantic **** and Tom and George not much better... they'd take out pack to another level.

The twins are off contract at the end of 2019. I wouldn't take both, even though our club would love to run with the whole family club bullshit and make them the pin up boys. I'd love Tom at 500k, I'd only take George for a cheaper deal which isn't happening.

Tom has made huge leaps the past 2 years but George has really stalled.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They are big boys.. but Unlike Klemmer the Burgess boys arent consistent & are more error/penalty prone

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
They'd be asking for more than they're currently on, so they're not worth it imo.