News Sound like a broken record’: Barrett urges stars to step up as Dogs hit 26-year low

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro.. 100/100 for this .. most beautiful comment I’ve heard, so genuine so real,from the heart. and so correct , i too feel the same. Been bleeding blue and white for 35 years and will die Bleeding blue and white.!!
got hooked in 76 was at the gf 79 80 84 88 this is the lowest I've seen the club but I'll die a bulldog like everyone one here

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you put those making errors back to NSW Cup and promote some cup players. Give some guys a chance to prove their worth.

I'm legit wondering if Dufty perhaps has an issue still with that shoulder which he had off season surgery on. Would explain his lack of contact and confidence in putting his body on the line.

It's bloody frustrating as the bloke can certainly play when he's on, but its almost like he self destructs.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you put those making errors back to NSW Cup and promote some cup players. Give some guys a chance to prove their worth.

I'm legit wondering if Dufty perhaps has an issue still with that shoulder which he had off season surgery on. Would explain his lack of contact and confidence in putting his body on the line.

It's bloody frustrating as the bloke can certainly play when he's on, but its almost like he self destructs.
Nah he’s been a cat long since before that shoulder injury

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rugby league journalists are softer than baby shit. Tbaz has pretty much rinsed and repeated the same answers all year and never been pushed for answers.

No one ever asks him how he’s going to actually fix the problem but in saying that’s it’s a moot point because it’s quite clear now that he doesn’t have a clue how to fix it.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Season ended tonight.

No amount of "we are better than this" bullshit will cut it. The team is only better if it wins; otherwise they are happy with the standard that they dish out every week. Crying about dropped ball, and being tired after 40 minutes is not an excuse - it is an indictment.

No coach should be saying the same thing after every game and believe that makes it OK with the fans.
100% even I don’t feel sorry for Barrett anymore, he has to pay the price now, time to fall on your sword Baz you just don’t inspire the players to be better and improve and they certainly don’t respect you!

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the Rooster press conference, after their loss to the Dogs, Robinson blamed himself & not the players. He stated that it was up to him & the coaching staff to identify & fix the problems.... not quite the same in the Dogs PC.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Iz Baz serious? He keeps using the words like courageous and great effort to describe the team yet cowards like Dufty and Naden are avoiding contact and moving out of the way of attacking players so they can score more easily..

They need to fire this clown today. We can't have 14 more games of this shit. He just doesn't get it and takes no responsibility. He holds no players accountable and never drops them or rips into them, instead praising their courage and effort.. Fuck this fraud off right now. I don't know what more a coach has to do to get sacked..

He's 5-29 in 2 seasons and we average less than 10 points a game. He sets new records every week for being the worst team since.. Enough is enough Gus and Khoury! Pull your fingers out!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually watched that presser. I don't know why. Very uncomfortable viewing. I'm no body language expert, but I think Baz knows he's a dead man walking. So too Josh Jackson.
It was the first time this year that TB looked stressed and emotionally uncomfortable at apress conference

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess… Baz was going on about we need to learn to not do that and this?
This guy isn’t a broken record he is just a dumb shit who has no idea wtf to do.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Baz hit 2 broken records, lowest ever win % rate.. should celebrate with players 2 broken records what an achievement

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iz Baz serious? He keeps using the words like courageous and great effort to describe the team yet cowards like Dufty and Naden are avoiding contact and moving out of the way of attacking players so they can score more easily..

They need to fire this clown today. We can't have 14 more games of this shit. He just doesn't get it and takes no responsibility. He holds no players accountable and never drops them or rips into them, instead praising their courage and effort.. Fuck this fraud off right now. I don't know what more a coach has to do to get sacked..

He's 5-29 in 2 seasons and we average less than 10 points a game. He sets new records every week for being the worst team since.. Enough is enough Gus and Khoury! Pull your fingers out!
His constant repetition of the same stuff every match - too many errors, not enough commitment, courage - is not followed up with a solution.
He is unable to get the results from a team that, despite some flaws, should be competing at a level higher than it is.

Just look at the Tigers and Knights. They show courage and commitment; know how to attack, and have the will to win- even though they have inadequate teams.

Barrett's job is not to tell us why we lost, it's to make sure we win. He's had enough time, and we still get the same below par results and the same observations from the coach after each game. Don't tell us the problem - fix the bloody thing, or get out!

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He keeps banging on about errors, commitment yada yada yada. But the dumb **** keeps picking the same team. Get the fuck out here you imposter

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett said TPJ looked a little tired. Is he serious. He’s not tired, he’s out of shape due to poor strength and conditioning.

Gus better be assembling a new coaching team behind the scenes for next year, if we go into another year with Ferris then we’re going nowhere.