Opinion SOS Shane Flanagan

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need defence back in the joint. Hell bring back Pay or Georgallis as help, at least we showed my resilience and grit under them.
Right now, I’ll take Flanagan Sr in a heart beat.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love Flanno except he'd re-sign Kyle for more money and put the (c) next to his name lol. Until Kyle isn't signed elsewhere we don't want his dad.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
F**k even Isahya Yeo was shit for years, so i think Kyle can improve more too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barret has to go but replacing him with Flanagan is just another fuck up in my opinion
I don’t get the obsession with Flanagan at all. Why him? Paul Green has very similar career stats to Flanagan and has the added bonus of coaching NRL more recently and no baggage. I’m not saying I want Green anywhere near Belmore either but Flanagan would be another huge mistake that we cannot afford.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fans can see we need an experienced coach and suggesting Flanno Snr bc there is no one else that has the gravitas or "authority" SF "seems" to have.

If Bellamy or Bennett were available, we'd prefer them, of course.

All those bagging the idea of SF, pls come up with viable suggestions and alternative coaches. We all want to see these better options.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
John Morris? Better than Barrett and no baggage like Flanagan
Like Gus to talk to Sharks as to why they dumped him but yes Morris is better than Barrett based on results.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fans can see we need an experienced coach and suggesting Flanno Snr bc there is no one else that has the gravitas or "authority" SF "seems" to have.

If Bellamy or Bennett were available, we'd prefer them, of course.

All those bagging the idea of SF, pls come up with viable suggestions and alternative coaches. We all want to see these better options.
No more rookies

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No more rookies
Exactly right. We just can not afford to rely on an inexperienced or an "average" coach again.

To pull this club up by the boot straps will take a forceful experienced coach that wont take crap and whom players would be afraid to not listen too and give 110% for.

Coaches like that are few and far between...
Flanaghan might not be even...but of all that are available, he seems the most suitable...baggage and all.

I would have no problem with the Club offering Bellamy 2 million if the opportunity arose...compared to this rubbish, loss of future supporters and even our current fan base, and financial losses due to our reputational damage as losers, he would probably be worth it to us.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get the obsession with Flanagan at all. Why him? Paul Green has very similar career stats to Flanagan and has the added bonus of coaching NRL more recently and no baggage. I’m not saying I want Green anywhere near Belmore either but Flanagan would be another huge mistake that we cannot afford.
On top of this we would be locked in to keeping Kyle or we would have internal drama in the future when his contract ends

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green definitely has baggage. Granted, probably not as much as Flanagan but it's still weighty. The Broncos didn't want a bar of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Green definitely has baggage. Granted, probably not as much as Flanagan but it's still weighty. The Broncos didn't want a bar of him.
Well I wouldn't put too much faith in the Bronco's selection process when they come up with Walters as their man.