SOS...BEN BARBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the kennelers want Hastings signed by the club WHAT THE HELL IS FOR.
Call me mad call me what you wanna call me...
If we are prepared to take a chance on a troubled player why not SOS BEN BARBA ?
I have seen some of his highlights in England he isn't as fast as he used to be but the guy still got it, he is the X factor that we never replaced.
The CEO and Deano should make some inquiries about how stable his personal life is and if the results are encouraging they should WAST NO TIME BRINGING HIM BACK !!!
He could finally be our 1/2 or 5/8
Should we be tempted ???
With what money?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are prepared to take a chance on a troubled player why not SOS BEN BARBA ?
I have seen some of his highlights in England he isn't as fast as he used to be but the guy still got it, he is the X factor that we never replaced.
The CEO and Deano should make some inquiries about how stable his personal life is and if the results are encouraging they should WAST NO TIME BRINGING HIM BACK !!!
Should we be tempted ???
U have to start dealing in reality,&stop dreaming on $650k at St. Helens he’s going to come back to us for maybe $250k a season with our salary cap

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a moot point this entire thread.

St Helens have him signed till end of 2019 as he signed with them in 2017 for a 2 1/2 year deal.

By then he'll be almost 30.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should we be tempted ???
It's come to that stage hasn't it, where we are getting desperate for something to change that we consider low life scums like Barba but hey who am i to judge, come back Benny! We never really recovered after he left.
He was responsible for 1 good year of footy we have had since 2010

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No need to use the word clown buddy! Last but not least the SL is not the NRL therefore he would need to serve his penalty here!
No

The SL, Union said they would allow the ban that was handed down by the NRL.

JMP2024

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why didn’t we throw everything & anything (incl. kitchen sink) at Latrell Mitchell for 2019 and onwards... clearing some big contracts would have been worth the dime!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s playing well overseas and looks overweight.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why didn’t we throw everything & anything (incl. kitchen sink) at Latrell Mitchell for 2019 and onwards... clearing some big contracts would have been worth the dime!
Because Mitchell is a massive wanker and a tool!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a moot point this entire thread.

St Helens have him signed till end of 2019 as he signed with them in 2017 for a 2 1/2 year deal.

By then he'll be almost 30.
You are right...I started this thread purely to make a point to
the people who are contemplating the thought of having Hastings.
I am still waiting for the rock star, now a half back not a fullback :tonguewink:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ask Des. No point asking anyone else

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH the last time I was excited about the bulldogs and any player for that matter was Ben Barba. Sad truth.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t say he wasn’t a “turd” never said he was a saint either lol, simply stated he still had good skills as a footy player lol :grinning:
In England amongst second rate players, I am afraid I have nothing nice to say about any drug user, NRL player or not. Can't stand the little prick, I put him in the same sewer pipe as $BW.

JMP2024

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ask Des. No point asking anyone else
No this is not a forum...

Latrell re-signed in March 2018 didn’t realise Des was still coaching. Then again with the current results and team footy who could tell any different.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love to see the Dogs target Mason Lino from the Warriors; he has been a stand out in the Warriors wins over Rorters and Saints but can't get a regular first grade spot there for obvious reasons.. oh and he can goal kick

Status
Not open for further replies.