SOO

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only person who watched last night's match and thought the opening Queensland try was well offside? I thought it looked suss watching live on Channel Nine, and the replays were edited so that try scorer Tabui-Fidow was out of the picture at the moment the ball was kicked through. I watched it again later on Kayo, and unless my eyes are going (which they might be), it still looked offside. Nine and Fox commentary teams had nothing to say about it, so perhaps I am seeing things.
Wow so not only are the refs conspiring against the dogs, they’re live editing replays to defraud nsw out of a win. yeah that’s why the blues lost That’ll do me

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow so not only are the refs conspiring against the dogs, they’re live editing replays to defraud nsw out of a win. yeah that’s why the blues lost That’ll do me
Did I say anything about refs conspiring against the dogs (who weren't playing by the way), or live editing replays? I just wondered if anyone else thought the first try was offside.

Channel Nine showed the ball being kicked through and The Hammer was not in the frame. He appeared a split second later to grab the ball and ground it. None of the myriad of replays from various angles had the kicker and try scorer in the frame at the same time., and
Tabui-Fidow simply covered too much ground in too short a time to have been on side when the ball was kicked.

I later saw a long shot from Kayo with both players visible and he looked to be offside.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only person who watched last night's match and thought the opening Queensland try was well offside? I thought it looked suss watching live on Channel Nine, and the replays were edited so that try scorer Tabui-Fidow was out of the picture at the moment the ball was kicked through. I watched it again later on Kayo, and unless my eyes are going (which they might be), it still looked offside. Nine and Fox commentary teams had nothing to say about it, so perhaps I am seeing things.
Yeah I saw it and thought the same, but overall NSW sucked bigtime and the underperformers need to be culled like the deadwood they are and that includes Fittler.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fittler couldn't get a job at the 3 bottom of the ladder NRL clubs. How the f..k is he the NSW coach ? They would be better off with a decent NRL assistant coach.
sums it up perfectly. Not even Dragons would touch him. Blues board want a yes man and a media PR puppet, the front office of the Blues has no ambition.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im no expert but 1 thing I feel confident in saying is at origin level picking out of form players and players that aren't 100% is ridiculous.

Facts -

Edwards always puts in a 9 out of 10 performance. Cant say the same for Tedesco this year. It doesnt take a genius to see Freddy doesnt pick players on form.

There is no way turbo is 100%.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If any player with SOO ambitions, you wont get a real go unless your a Panther or Rooster.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that they could have used Burton to replace Turbo instead of Hynes says it all.

Outcoached.

Hynes has never even played centre at NRL level and got found out for the match winning try.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Whenever there is a cr@p decision in the lead up to a try or some other incident that the ref has f**ked up on or missed etc, they always edit out the crucial part in the replay.

It happens all the time and it kills me.

It is clearly deliberately done to try and hide the refereeing f**k ups - it’s like they think millions of viewers are all so dumb and don’t notice the officiating error in the first place.

There also must be some general direction to the commentators not to talk about it as well.

Don’t want to ruin the spectacle of the game by the referees sticking to the rules.

One of my pet hates is when there has been an indiscretion - forward pass, knock on, offside etc in the lead up to a try (ie actually a no try that gets awarded a try) and the commentators go on about how it was a spectacular passage of play and say “It deserved to be a try”. Where does it say that in the rule book?

Pathetic.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although I am a proud NSW Blues fan, there was an aspect of Qld's win on Wednesday that I thought was encouraging.
Although behind on the scoreboard, player off in the sin bin, and players injured and out of the game, Qld didn't look for excuses, played for each other and found a way to win. That's a testament to their culture.

I believe that's the type of culture CC is trying to build with the Dogs - no excuses, don't blame the refs, find a way to win. Some on TK have criticised him for his emphasis on building that culture but I believe it's great for our future.