Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hated it. How disrespectful to every player that busted their ass to win one from every country. Gave it away like it meant nothing to him. Also encourages idiots to run onto the field in the future.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over the whole SBW hate. What he did to us was a mistake and he's admitted, apologised and paid for it. He was 21 at the time for goodness sake! I don't know about you lot but I wasn't making great decisions at 21 either.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant believe how hard that security guy crash tackled the kid

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok man, enough of SBW.

if he was such a nice guy he would have come back and played for the fans/ club who not only introduced him to the world of sports but also are the ones whom he spat on.

saying sorry a million times is not good enough to heal the wounds he had given.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm over the whole SBW hate. What he did to us was a mistake and he's admitted, apologised and paid for it. He was 21 at the time for goodness sake! I don't know about you lot but I wasn't making great decisions at 21 either.
Oh please.

What he did was a planned move, because he was going to get more money elsewhere.

If he was really sorry, he would have signed with the Bulldogs. But nope, he signs with Roosters because they gave him more money to 'return' to the NRL.

Then when the Rugby World Cup is near, he re-signs with Union.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people just try to paint a good image of themselves with kind gestures in front of thousands of people, its good publicity. I wonder if he wouldve given to the kid if he met him outside without all the cameras and people watching.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda in two minds on this.

One one hand it was bloody stupid what the kid did (and encourages others to do the same). Where were the parents?!??
On the other hand it was a noble deed ... perhaps SBW is trying to make up now for the Heartbreak he caused Bulldogs fans in the past. Did he let the kid keep the medal though??

That said if he wanted to come back I'd sign him in a heartbeat. It'd be pretty special for him to come back and finish his career with a season for us (back where it all began). Play 27+ games in the year and make over 100 NRL games, take us to another premiership, and then retire from professional sports.

If that doesn't work, can we sign the security guard on a 3 year $200,000 a year deal? Nice tackle!

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
cue multiple young fans now running on the field at sporting events to try and get the same treatment from their heroes... Very bad precedent despite the nice sentiment

Status
Not open for further replies.