SONNY Bill Williams to keep Bulldogs guessing again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SONNY Bill Williams could be welcomed back into the open arms of the Bulldogs this weekend - almost seven years to the day after he slipped out the backdoor to play rugby in France.

As always, though, Sonny Bill has left the club guessing; his next move shrouded in mystery.

Despite his so-called "act of treachery" during those heady days of July 2008, the Bulldogs have invited the code-hopping star to their Hall of Fame dinner on Saturday night.

As of late Tuesday, the Bulldogs were still hopeful he would attend the 800-strong function at Le Montage.

They believed the enticement would be a seat next to Roosters chairman Nick Politis, who lured Williams back to the NRL in 2013-14 and is a friend of Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib.

But those close to the 29-year-old say he's gone cold on the idea, although there is still some hope he could be convinced to attend.

Complicating his return to the Bulldogs fold is the not-so-minor matter of the All Blacks, who he re-joined this year after two seasons with the Roosters.

Williams lit up Christchurch for New Zealand in their Rugby Championship opener against Argentina earlier this month - but coach Steve Hansen still dropped him for last weekend's thrilling win against South Africa in the Republic.

He is expected to fly out of Sydney on the day of the Bulldogs' function to rejoin the All Blacks in camp. New Zealand meets the Wallabies in Sydney for the first Bledisloe Cup match on August 8, but it remains uncertain if he will be picked in the starting side or at all.

Regardless of his attendance, Sonny Bill is in strong contention to be named in the Bulldogs team of the decade, which will also be announced at Saturday night's function.

He is vying for a second row position with Willie Mason, Frank Pritchard, Andrew Ryan, Tony Williams, Dale Finucane, Dene Halatau and Josh Jackson.

That Williams has even been invited seven years after one of the most tumultuous episodes in the family club's history demonstrates that most wounds eventually heal, even in rugby league.

Those wounds have been gently prised open this week with the release of journalist Paul Kent's unauthorised book Sonny Ball.

The book is unauthorised and focuses on the "the real story" around one of sport's most intriguing and polemic figures.

Williams is said to be angry about its release, although Kent gave him a right of reply through his manager, Khoder Nasser, who denied the request.

Understandably, many words are invested on the Saturday morning of July 26, 2008, when Williams and Nasser were spotted going through customs at Sydney Airport before boarding a plane for France, where he took up a lucrative deal with rugby powerhouse Toulon.

At the time, the clandestine code defection was branded a "dog act". Then Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan and coach Steve Folkes were stunned at training the next day. Then chief executive Todd Greenberg - who is now the head of football at the NRL - had only been in the job six months when Williams left.

While Williams has mended some bridges over the years, and many grudges at Belmore have melted away with time, he would come face to face with some figures from that turbulent period if he attends.

Will he be there? Or not? As usual, only Sonny Bill really knows.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/so...-bulldogs-guessing-again-20150728-gilyr4.html

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant believe we've welcomed him back how embarrassing he should never be forgiven for what he did

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL @ T-REX being considered for backrower in team of the decade... are the selectors on the pipe ??

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anybody within the club actually confirmed he was invited to this event or is this all just BS rumor coming from the media? It would be awfully convenient for money bill that all this publicity with the dogs pops up right when he's trying to sell a book. I may be wrong but i think anyone who is falling for this shit is a sheep.

He is a scumbag. He shat on us once and i think that he's shitting on us again right now. He won't show up because he probably wasn't ****ing invited. But don't let me get in the way of people believing the crap the media dish up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anybody within the club actually confirmed he was invited to this event or is this all just BS rumor coming from the media? It would be awfully convenient for money bill that all this publicity with the dogs pops up right when he's trying to sell a book. I may be wrong but i think anyone who is falling for this shit is a sheep.

He is a scumbag. He shat on us once and i think that he's shitting on us again right now. He won't show up because he probably wasn't ****ing invited. But don't let me get in the way of people believing the crap the media dish up.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
no self respect.. worst than a druggy hooker on canterburry road.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's placed in our hall of fame, right from the start it would lessen the value of being named in any category and place in there along side him.

You'll have dozens of men who gave their blood sweat and tears for the club, sacrificed their health, their bodies and gave no second thought to the damage they were doing on themselves back in those days when they weren't so anal about player welfare, and then you have this pathetic excuse of a **** who abandoned the club in the shadows of the night and never looked back.

Wouldn't it be easier if Castle just spat in each of our great players faces as they got up on stage instead of embarrassing them by putting them up on a wall next to Williams?

There has to be a hidden agenda behind this... their is no possible way he'd be recognized as anything other than the greatest piece of shit to put our jersey on.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you're kidding, why would you invite someone like that to a dinner to honor the great history of the club, so what if he played a hand in its history, itd be just like inviting Sadam Hussein to honor George Bush's political career.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They knew he wouldnt attend anyway. It would be awkward for him facie up to blokes like Hazem, Patten and Ryan. At least the club will look good extending the olive branch.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
they invited him because ..... wait for it ,..... yes he is going to be a bulldog 2017...... that's what this is all about ///// otherwise they would never of offered him the time of day

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they invited him because ..... wait for it ,..... yes he is going to be a bulldog 2017...... that's what this is all about ///// otherwise they would never of offered him the time of day
I've heard that rumour today aswell...

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he rejoins the bulldogs anytime in the future, I will cut my bulldogs tattoo off. No shit. A man who sells his soul for a dollar doesn't deserve the respect of any other man. F*ck him.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he rejoins the bulldogs anytime in the future, I will cut my bulldogs tattoo off. No shit. A man who sells his soul for a dollar doesn't deserve the respect of any other man. F*ck him.
i would rather have robert lui in my team than that asswipe

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm from his point of view, our board sold him out. All about perspective. Plus he will be 31 in 2017, do we need another ageing forward?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he's placed in our hall of fame, right from the start it would lessen the value of being named in any category and place in there along side him.

You'll have dozens of men who gave their blood sweat and tears for the club, sacrificed their health, their bodies and gave no second thought to the damage they were doing on themselves back in those days when they weren't so anal about player welfare, and then you have this pathetic excuse of a **** who abandoned the club in the shadows of the night and never looked back.

Wouldn't it be easier if Castle just spat in each of our great players faces as they got up on stage instead of embarrassing them by putting them up on a wall next to Williams?

There has to be a hidden agenda behind this... their is no possible way he'd be recognized as anything other than the greatest piece of shit to put our jersey on.
**** you crack me up , keep up the good work sir

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont know why they bother inviting SBW. He will only sneak out half way through it and jump on a plane.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ive got a feeling he will be a bulldog in 2017... no doubt ... ageing forward ,,, yes , but would still offer 2 good years ......all emotion set aside and looking at it from a
purely analytical perspective , he would probably help deliver a premiership with the likes of graham , kasiano, klemmer , lane , eastwood Jackson , tolman and the need
for a marquee halves pairing would not be necessary

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i would rather have robert lui in my team than that asswipe
Youd rather a shit player who beat his wifey over a great player that walked out on a club over certain issues? Really? Id rather none but cmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.