Sonny Bill Williams has been signed for over a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I did a search for "Sonny Bill Williams" on French websites. I came across this site which I translated:

http://translate.google.com/transla...ros-sous-et-de-loi/&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=fr&tl=en

The first few lines read:

"This player out standards Canterbury Bulldogs (Australian NRL) have signed a (lucrative) contract to play center with the RC Toulon ** XV next season."

The page was written on On 09 June at 19:50...So this was not a spurge of the moment thing by Sonny Bill. He has known for well over a month and has played the National Rugby League community for fools!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Fantastic find DOW !

Questions like this need to be asked !

I mean come on ..... June 9th .... WTF ?

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
heard on big sports breakfast on wed some dude ring up and say by the end of the week, SBW would be on a plane to france.
Slats and TK told him he was off the mark....seems like evreybody knew but the Dogs....

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone REALLY expect he'd play the rest of his contract out with us?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Judging by the way he got on his soapbox about Willie Mason, the interviews with the Footy Show, and the way he uses words like 'respect and loyalty' ...... Yes. I did.

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
how did he hide it from everyone and lie to everyone? grrr to his manager, he must have known
and what was he thinking doing that win sonny bill thing if he knew he'd be long gone

X

XxFoVoSxX

[DoGgIeS FaN];1400102 said:
how did he hide it? grrr to his manager he must have known
of course his fuucking manager knew man...
he is his manager ffs!!

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score

no. but there is a right and a wrong way of going about leaving.

his was oh so wronnnng!!!

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I post on sportal forums and a froggie member joined a couple of weeks ago who asked when $bw was coming, he had posted a link to a french rugby magazine that said $BW had signed a few months ago to play with a french team. i just thought it was an old story and since the meeting with Greenburg and Peponis all had been sorted. apparently not, $bw and his new management have been very very sneaky f@ks.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A bloke from Centrebet was on the radio and said massive money was put on the Dragons yesterday and they just thought they had inside information that he was injured and out of the game but maybe they are knew he was pissing off to France.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$bw and his new management have been very very sneaky f@ks.
There were signs though....
Why else would sbw continue to work with a manager that isn't accredited to act for him in the NRL?

Why else would khoder work for sbw for the next 4 years, if he wasn't gonna get anything?

Why surround himself with the likes of choc & haumono...others who have done the same?

They've played the bulldogs like a fiddle,
it sucks & hurts.
He's gone, he will play frogball, hopefully we're successful in getting them for damages...there was talk of $3m being the amount we'd sue them for if he did take off.

greekstyla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You must be stupid to think Sonny would just decide to fly over to france with a contract on his desk waiting for him to sign it.

Of course he signed it whilst playing with the dogs and even appearing on the footy show! Here is the twist....

Mourad Boudjellal- Toulon Rugby Club will withdraw from the presidency in the next few days....of course he will deny it- what does he have to loose from it- apart from only being the owner of a club that has just been brought back in the table for the start of the season.

They are playing us like fools.

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Greenberg has got to go. He is an embarressment to all Bulldogs supporters, he sounds like an absolute idiot on the radios trying to explain what has happened. The guy is lost for words and has no idea

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greenberg has got to go. He is an embarressment to all Bulldogs supporters, he sounds like an absolute idiot on the radios trying to explain what has happened. The guy is lost for words and has no idea
uh wouldnt you be if you didnt know what was going on?

hmmm.. get over the anti-greenberg comments.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
so how would you have been getting on the radio and being interviewed about your star player walking out without a word of warning a couple of hours beforehand? anyone would be a bit off balance in that situation but he handled it pretty well if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.