Sonny Bill Williams commits to Roosters for Season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
On the eve of his departure for the Rugby League World Cup, the Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce that Sonny Bill Williams has pledged his commitment to the Roosters for season 2014.
The Club anticipates that Williams will officially sign in mid-February 2014 for the remainder of the season on the same terms and conditions as his 2013 contract.
In the meantime, the Roosters extend their best wishes for a successful campaign to Williams and the other Sydney Roosters players representing their country at the upcoming World Cup and will be making no further comment.

http://www.roosters.com.au/news-dis...ams-commits-to-Roosters-for-Season-2014/85854

FML

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to hear but I won't say anything until he actually signs on. "Pledged his commitment" could easily be Politis trying to make Sonny look bad if he leaves.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The only suss thing I see in this article is saying he's gonna sign mid-February 2014. Why would anyone wait that long?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he have to register with the NRL again after his contract expires? This mid Feb signing is only for him to earn more money to other commitments, ie; Boxing in the off season. Even Japanese Rugby for a short stint. Being contracted with an NRL club or even registered with the NRL for that matter..I don't think you can do that, hence why the late signing.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this asks the question can we sign a big name player on a million dollar contract starting from March and ending in September. and from October till Feb he can work as a janitor for another million dollars on another contract.

OR to keep it really easy , from October till Feb Raylene can hire him as her body guard for a million bucks.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this asks the question can we sign a big name player on a million dollar contract starting from March and ending in September. and from October till Feb he can work as a janitor for another million dollars on another contract.

OR to keep it really easy , from October till Feb Raylene can hire him as her body guard for a million bucks.
I think Sonny is earning extra cash for the arrangement he has to supply and receive fellatio off the commentary teams.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Sonny is earning extra cash for the arrangement he has to supply and receive fellatio off the commentary teams.
Bahahaha, good one!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I thought all NRL contracts for the following year had to be registered by the end of October?

Roosters amaze me how they can continue to sign big names and yet get overlooked (or get hit with a tiny fine) come salary cap auditing time.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought all NRL contracts for the following year had to be registered by the end of October?

Roosters amaze me how they can continue to sign big names and yet get overlooked (or get hit with a tiny fine) come salary cap auditing time.

salary cap auditors are like building inspectors:

whats under the carpet or behind the refrigerator is out of the audit/ inspection. They will only audit/ inspect what is visible to the naked eye.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A generous donation to the staff christmas party I'm sure leads to a few things being overlooked..

"Whoops I left off a zero when using my calculator".

Actually Roosters did get fined recently.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-for-2013-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226556293667
Article posted January 18, 2013 7:03AM

Talks about how the Roosters played lean and were under the cap by $300,000 in 2012.

Fast forward 6 months...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...es-over-sbw-deal/story-fnca0von-1226675087057
Article posted July 06, 2013 12:00AM

Talks about the Roosters being over the cap in 2012, and being fined $14,348 as a result.

and their 2013 and 2014 sides will have many more big names (not to mention a few massive contract upgrades, AND each player now being a premeriship winner)...

Roosters get pissweak fines for being over, so it's like saying "well yes they were over and we fined them for it". It's a bloody claytons penalty. If you are over, you should lose 1 competion point per $1000 fined rounded up/down to nearest $1000 pending the amount. This should continue through to players acting like dickheads in the game. Act like a dickhead, cop a $1000 fine, and your club loses a competition point. That means clubs would take responsibility for idiot players in their ranks.

Going back on my idea, in this case the Roosters would have been fined 14 comp points from this year as a result.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A generous donation to the staff christmas party I'm sure leads to a few things being overlooked..

"Whoops I left off a zero when using my calculator".

Actually Roosters did get fined recently.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-for-2013-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226556293667
Article posted January 18, 2013 7:03AM

Talks about how the Roosters played lean and were under the cap by $300,000 in 2012.

Fast forward 6 months...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...es-over-sbw-deal/story-fnca0von-1226675087057
Article posted July 06, 2013 12:00AM

Talks about the Roosters being over the cap in 2012, and being fined $14,348 as a result.

and their 2013 and 2014 sides will have many more big names (not to mention a few massive contract upgrades, AND each player now being a premeriship winner)...

Roosters get pissweak fines for being over, so it's like saying "well yes they were over and we fined them for it". It's a bloody claytons penalty. If you are over, you should lose 1 competion point per $1000 fined rounded up/down to nearest $1000 pending the amount. This should continue through to players acting like dickheads in the game. Act like a dickhead, cop a $1000 fine, and your club loses a competition point. That means clubs would take responsibility for idiot players in their ranks.

Going back on my idea, in this case the Roosters would have been fined 14 comp points from this year as a result.

didnt warrior lose 4 competition points few years ago for a similar offence??

Status
Not open for further replies.