Sonny bill commentary is rubbish

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has been, can’t stand the guy anymore.!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ok Sonny. Please dissapear into irrelevancy already
For mine that was 2008 when he lobbed in France. But he got few points back recently when he called my mates sick kid so now I only strongly dislike him :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That seems like a whole heap of bullshit that he said to make himself look better. I read an article where Nasser was quoted saaying that SBW had bought a house in sydney that he was paying a huge amount of interest on. Nasser tried to talk the club into paying his salary up front to negate the interest and let him pay the house of quickly. The club refused due to this salary cap thingy and due to that the turd fucked off in the middle of the night. In my opinion you are somewhat delusional if you chose to believe his attempt to make it sound like the club were at fault. Maybe SBW has concocted this story of the club witholding promises to negate a morsel of regret for leaving his team mates in the lurch. But between what he says and what his manager at the time said, there's a huge disparity. You won't win too many fans by trying to paint his actions in a positive light round here.
BOOM! This was also the time he converted to Islam. Part of that faith (for some at least) is to not believe in charging interest (as I understand it having worked in Malaysia before - happily corrected if someone knows better). Nasser was against the interest on Williams’ mortgage and pressured the club to front load his contract. When the club refused they shot through. He then justified it as ‘the club not keeping its promises’. At the time he was on around $500k per year - huge money for a 22 year old today let alone 2008. It was a money grab and nothing else. Williams may have been young and impressionable but he still went along with the plan less than a year into a 4 year contract. Had he returned to the Dogs after being an All Black or whatever else he wanted to do he might have had some form of redemption but when he went to Bondi that was just salt into the wound. Very poor form.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you're very bias and to an extent delusional. I've told you the facts if you want to keep chatting shit up to you. I have no reason to support SBW. What Sonny did in 2013 and 2020 has nothing to do with his Bulldogs exit lol.
What facts? All the evidence you have cited is from him trying to justify his actions. I guess criminals who say “I didn’t do it” is enough evidence for you too?

Curious, can you shed some light on what was apparently promised and not delivered?

Also, if the club was in the wrong then why did Mundine have to pay us out for him in the end?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's his first time, what do you expect? SBW's an icon in sport of course he's going to get a job like this if he wants it. You all need to stop hating on the guy because our club didn't fulfil an agreement and he decided to walk out. I must be a different breed of dog...
You on drugs mate?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the unprofessional manner he was talking in hey bro or white boy wtf!
Fuck me dead your on national television and the bloody white shoes no fucken class!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the unprofessional manner he was talking in hey bro or white boy wtf!
Fuck me dead your on national television and the bloody white shoes no fucken class!
The entire thing was a train wreck.
He had nothing insightful to say at all.
What was with the teenage bum fluff on his face.
He dresses like a pimp and as you pointed out the white shoes, really looked classless.
Looked like any common try hard hectic on a Saturday night.
Classless is an understatement.
He spoke like he was with his bros in the man shed drinking larges.
Yeah ay bro....
The white boy thing was just typical of that entire scene.

The most annoying thing is how nothing is said about it in the media.
How on earth that train wreck hasn't been called out is beyond belief.

Remember Errin getting smashed for fat shaming and the time she coped it for joking about how hard it is to say islander names.

Yet Sonny can say stuff like White boy.
I think he said a player hit hard for a white boy, something along those lines and laughed insinuating white can't hit hard.
Racist, and unacceptable if the shoe was on the other foot.

Imagine what would happen if joey said, Marshal is a clever half for a black boy.
Imagine the outrage.

The world has gone absolutely insane.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Also, if the club was in the wrong then why did Mundine have to pay us out for him in the end?
Yup, $750k.
Negotiated by Graham Richardson who then later said they ‘paid too much’. Richo :tearsofjoy: - always considered himself a powerbroker. The club played it well, got $750k and avoided lengthy and costly litigation.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you expect from nein, they have been gash this whole century

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer commentary is shocking. Give $BW a chance, he's learning. And for God's sake just forgive him

Malla

Reaction score
From 9's point of view I think he's there so they can get the Gallen v SBW fight I reckon

Will be on free to air TV, they'll pay each of them a couple mill and probably make a squillion off it.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For mine that was 2008 when he lobbed in France. But he got few points back recently when he called my mates sick kid so now I only strongly dislike him :-).
That's good to hear, respect to the bloke for that. Hope your mates kid is getting well

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's good to hear, respect to the bloke for that. Hope your mates kid is getting well
Thanks mate, yeah he’s making good progress.
The call from SBW helped cheer him up from missing his school graduation when he was in hospital late last year, so as I said credit where it’s due SBW but all these years later - let’s just say forgiven not forgotten...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lockyer, Thurston, Vautin, Lewis, Molan, Gallen, Sonny Bill, Freddy, Joey... Their coverage really couldn't be more unbearable and the jobs for boys just because they were an immortal or a big name is pathetic. Never mind that they have no brains, are unprofessional and are horrible commentators.

I hope V'Landys fucks off and for once another network gets the rights.