News Sonny Bill and the 2004 premiership: Pangai jnr reveals why he chose the Bulldogs

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm over it until I hear shit like he's forgiven the club that he fucked over without remorse for a few sheckles more. I honestly don't care if he's a fantastic person off the field or if he cures cancer. What he did to our club was the equivalent of a partner you love running off in the middle of the night to join their new lover.

All the heartwarming sentiment in the world doesn't stop me having a spot in my mind where I harbour a grudge for players like SBW, Klemmer and Barba for wanting to break contract and join other clubs.

It's a bit rich to hear that he's supposedly forgiven the club who it seems did nothing wrong back then. With the benefit of hindsight I wish we'd made Asotasi our marquee forward priority back then instead of money bill.

He shouldnt have signed the contract but we def had him on a shit deal, He was worth alot more then that.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ
Fox
Burton
Naden
Gus
TPJ

shits getting good. We be a force next year People, forget being used to losing.. we will be overwhelmed by wins.!!

Reactions: TAS

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm over it until I hear shit like he's forgiven the club that he fucked over without remorse for a few sheckles more. I honestly don't care if he's a fantastic person off the field or if he cures cancer. What he did to our club was the equivalent of a partner you love running off in the middle of the night to join their new lover.

All the heartwarming sentiment in the world doesn't stop me having a spot in my mind where I harbour a grudge for players like SBW, Klemmer and Barba for wanting to break contract and join other clubs.

It's a bit rich to hear that he's supposedly forgiven the club who it seems did nothing wrong back then. With the benefit of hindsight I wish we'd made Asotasi our marquee forward priority back then instead of money bill.
"A few sheckles more" is that how you describe going from 320k to 1.5M per year? I hate the way he did it but I don't blame him for leaving. Everyone would if they were offered 5 times their salary.
He signed for 1.6M over 5 years because he thought the boys were sticking together. Once mason left he asked for another 100k a year which he was easily worth and the club refused. That's where the club was wrong, they screwed him first.
Like I said doesn't excuse doing the runner on us. He should have waited till the end of the year and negotiated a release but again I don't blame him for leaving.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck does Sonny have to do with anything. Sonny moved back to NZ I thought. This article makes as much sense as talking to demented Biden.
Did you see Biden on the Town Hall on CNN? That was REALLY embarrassing. They should never have put him in that position. The question is - who is REALLY running the country? Obama?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"A few sheckles more" is that how you describe going from 320k to 1.5M per year? I hate the way he did it but I don't blame him for leaving. Everyone would if they were offered 5 times their salary.
He signed for 1.6M over 5 years because he thought the boys were sticking together. Once mason left he asked for another 100k a year which he was easily worth and the club refused. That's where the club was wrong, they screwed him first.
Like I said doesn't excuse doing the runner on us. He should have waited till the end of the year and negotiated a release but again I don't blame him for leaving.
Nope. If I sign a contract I live up to it. If he had a problem with anybody is was with his manager who should have got him a better deal, but it would also have meant losing other players so he would have had to carry a bigger load. He was very immature & easily influenced by Mundine & Nasser. He was a tool used by Mundine to screw the club over again (remember Haumono).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. If I sign a contract I live up to it. If he had a problem with anybody is was with his manager who should have got him a better deal, but it would also have meant losing other players so he would have had to carry a bigger load. He was very immature & easily influenced by Mundine & Nasser. He was a tool used by Mundine to screw the club over again (remember Haumono).
He asked to be allowed to box which was declined on multiple occasions, he asked to be allowed to play over seas in the off season which again was declined multiple times and he also asked for a release after all that no less then 5 times which was declined. So …. Again. If you’re earning $500k and you have been offered multiple times that you don’t kill your self for the smallest offer.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOLLLLL if you sign a contract for $100k but a rival offers your 4 or 5 times that amount you don’t stay loyal. You do what’s best for you and your family. Stop being a hypocrite. The numbers make all the difference. It’s as simple as that. He brought alternatives to the management at the time and they kept declining him. Even he acknowledges that the way he left will forever be a regret but it’s happened. Get over it.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon that's easier said than done. I am not going to doubt your intentions but in reality if you are offered 5 times your pay it may be different.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They are focusing the cap space on next year IMO better days are coming. Listening to Gus on his podcast everyone from top to bottom is going to be accountable for our on field performances going forward. He said he doesn’t care about what’s happened up to this point but everyone from coaching staff ,players and barret have to prove they want to be part of the club going forward,our performance last week has already showed the change in attitude Gus has brought to the entire outfit. I don’t think we will need TPJ to avoid the spoon but if we get it then so be it.
We won’t be getting it next year.
Where can I listen

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon that's easier said than done. I am not going to doubt your intentions but in reality if you are offered 5 times your pay it may be different.
I may kick my self & the Manager, but I always honour my obligations, always. Attitudes like Sonny's is why society is falling down. No integrity & think the World owes them everything.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I may kick my self & the Manager, but I always honour my obligations, always. Attitudes like Sonny's is why society is falling down. No integrity & think the World owes them everything.
Poor stance, Life is about taking opportunities. We are told to chase our dreams and live our best lives. But what you’re saying goes against all that and you’re saying he should have settled even if he was unhappy and restricted in what he could and couldn’t accomplish? Strange man you are.