Songs of Yesteryear

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of my first gigs in a pub was I think 1980, 17 years old at The Fairfield Pub standing down the front on the same floor as Iva Davies.
I seen Icehouse recently at Evans theatre in the riff.. they are still great.. they are actually playing there again soon.. I thoroughly recommend it..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

One of my first gigs in a pub was I think 1980, 17 years old at The Fairfield Pub standing down the front on the same floor as Iva Davies.
One of my early first gigs too, albeit a little later - Man of Colours era at the State Sports Centre at Homebush - long before anything was built for the Olympics. I met Iva several times in later years with a music charity we were both involved in - really nice guy. Classical music was his true love, the pop stuff was much more about making a living, which still pays pretty well today.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Year i had my first holiday job making donuts and kababs
Never gets old.
I met Mark Gable a few times through a music charity we were both involved in. Really nice guy. This song was about life on Sydney’s Northern Beaches in the 80’s and still pays some pretty decent royalty cheques more than 30 years later.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never gets old.
I met Mark Gable a few times through a music charity we were both involved in. Really nice guy. This song was about life on Sydney’s Northern Beaches in the 80’s and still pays some pretty decent royalty cheques more than 30 years later.
Saw them plenty at War & Peace, Run to Paradise still one of my wife’s favourites till this day.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two of favorite classic rock songs are..

And

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mental As anything (live it up) now that’s a good one, going back too the good era.

Any of you boys remember it?
To all our kiwi brothers this one's dedicated to yous..

Whenever I hear this song I can't help but smile...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To all our kiwi brothers this one's dedicated to yous..

Whenever I hear this song I can't help but smile...
It’s a classic alright.. good old footrot flats