Songs of Yesteryear

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. My mate randomly linked this to me the other day
I remember buying that Luniz album "operation stackola" when it was released back in '95. Damn makes me feel old now as i was just a teen at the time. I'm just glad I was at the right age and time period when rap was rap.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember buying that Luniz album "operation stackola" when it was released back in '95. Damn makes me feel old now as i was just a teen at the time. I'm just glad I was at the right age and time period when rap was rap.
I got into it a few years after.. maybe around 99.. was actually listening to Aussie Hip Hop first, Brethren, Celcius, Def Wish Cast.. then found Wu Tang, Nas and some other American rappers... It really was a great era

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got into it a few years after.. maybe around 99.. was actually listening to Aussie Hip Hop first, Brethren, Celcius, Def Wish Cast.. then found Wu Tang, Nas and some other American rappers... It really was a great era
I was a metalhead as a kid, then when I was in like grade 5 or 6 I started listening to Body Count (Ice T's metal band) which then got me listening to Ice T's rap albums and from there just progressed into listening to more rap artist of that time like NWA, Cube, Dre, Easy E, Public Enemy then onto Snoop, 2pac, Wu Tang, Nas, Biggie, Bone Thugs and so on. Definitely was a great era.

Then I'd say mid 2000's I really got back into my metal as i felt rap was on the decline and now rap of these days is trash apart from a select few rappers. If I listen to rap now it's only old school, but I mostly listen to metal.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Here's a throwback Thursday for ya's

Gee's I remember that song... 1996 if I remember correctly. The video clip always made me crack up. Oh those early Saturday morning's watching Rage :D

Here's something for you bro...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best!

I was a metalhead as a kid, then when I was in like grade 5 or 6 I started listening to Body Count (Ice T's metal band) which then got me listening to Ice T's rap albums and from there just progressed into listening to more rap artist of that time like NWA, Cube, Dre, Easy E, Public Enemy then onto Snoop, 2pac, Wu Tang, Nas, Biggie, Bone Thugs and so on. Definitely was a great era.

Then I'd say mid 2000's I really got back into my metal as i felt rap was on the decline and now rap of these days is trash apart from a select few rappers. If I listen to rap now it's only old school, but I mostly listen to metal.
same here... year 6/7 got into hip hop.. man Bone Thugs were cool.. I forgot about them... 36 chambers, illmatic...
jedi mind tricks, gangstarr, tribe called quest, dialted peoples, the list goes on

there is still some decent stuff being produced in the 'underground'.... but anything in the charts is absolutely horrible and I've only heard a little bit of it... I still pull out the old stuff from time to time.. back on metal as well, along with 80s jams and whatever else is good

Gee's I remember that song... 1996 if I remember correctly. The video clip always made me crack up. Oh those early Saturday morning's watching Rage :D

Wasn't the greatest song ever made, but very memorable... mostly because of the film clip! it's really interesting seeing the guy play it live.. not what I would have expected..

hahhahaha fuckn hell.. old Iggy!! man that takes me back... hard to believe that we grew up in a time where you had to sit there and wait to press the record button for music videos :-)

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Synthwave and Newretrowave are great. I love it as it sounds so 80's and also reminds me of some of the old 80's action/sci fi movie soundtracks. I play it a lot in the background when I'm gaming. I like how their is so many variations of Synthwave.
It reminds me of playing Street Fighter as a kid when it first came out, down at my local corner shop in Punchbowl. Then I'd buy my old man a carton of Benson & Hedges on the way home lol.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

How good was Rage!! I only listen to pre 2000s the amount of crap on the radio these days it isn't even worth turning on (man I am starting to sound old haha).

Love me some classic 80s power ballads.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mental As anything (live it up) now that’s a good one, going back too the good era.

Any of you boys remember it?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mental As anything (live it up) now that’s a good one, going back too the good era.

Loved it..brilliant era of Aussie music.. RIP Greedy..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My sister loved these guy’s music.. I didn’t mind em..my fav was ‘Whatever’..loved the strings on it..Her I went to their concert in Sydney...it wasn’t bad..I didn’t want her to go by herself because I thought there would be too many pommy bogans.. I was right!! Lol

Ps..it took the exact duration of this song to drive to my girlfriend at the time’s house.. Great memories..

pps.. oh what the hell here it is..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I remember Live It Up was still being played on the radio well into the 90s, now that was (and still is) a great tune!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And you still can’t beat Fleetwood Mac, Stevie nicks LEGEND!! Then an now, as I sit here a jam out to it!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

New body count album coming so can't wait

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This randomly popped up in my music playlist. Blast from the past!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
M People were sick.. Heather Small has such an amazing voice and is an awesome performer