Son of Crusher Joins the 'Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai Slam said:
As for Cleal, we were going to release it tomorrow but Souths told Channel 10 this afternoon.
Souths arn't used to signing players :p This is the first time in years. So is this a player in our club? Or external?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai Slam said:
Let it be known that there could well be another signing tomorrow.

Let me just say, he is an experienced first grader.

That is all.
Please Please NOT!!! Chris Walker!!

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CMP said:
Please Please NOT!!! Chris Walker!!
Dear god he got released didn't he. Dear christ say it aint so :(

Oh god
Orr said Walker would "probably" not play again this year but he had spoken to Wests Tigers, Newcastle, the Bulldogs, Parramatta and Gold Coast about his client for 2007.

F

fatal1

no it cant be walker...

it just cant be.. *starts talking to himself"

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I don't think it would be Walker signing up so quickly.

I would love it to be Jason Smith - returning to where it all began .. but I don't think it is.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walker parts ways with Melbourne Storm
Tuesday Aug 1 19:58 AEST
Melbourne winger Chris Walker will return to Sydney to sort out personal issues after being released by the Storm and has been offered to five NRL clubs for next year.

Walker's experiment with a long-distance relationship with Sydney-based soap star Kate Ritchie is over, but both his agent and the Storm said a recent run-in with police at a Melbourne hotel Ritchie was staying at was not linked to his departure.

"He's just got a lot of personal issues, some to do with his own personal relationships but also some family issues he wants to deal with," agent Chris Orr said.

"It's all just got on top of him at the moment so he just doesn't think he can focus on football right now.

"He didn't feel like he could sort it out in Melbourne, he had to be based where it is."

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron said he didn't think it was fair to link the hotel incident with Walker's release from the club.

"Chris has just got some issues that he needs to deal through, we've got some games that we need to win and some finals to play.

"We were happy to release him and allow him to concentrate on what he needs to and allow us to concentrate on what we need to."

Walker was reportedly removed by police from the hotel after staff refused to allow him to visit Ritchie's room.

Hotel staff called the police after repeatedly asking Walker to leave and he was taken to a nearby police station but was not arrested or charged and was picked up by friends.

Walker's crisis caps a bad year for the league-playing family.

Brothers Ben and Shane have been told their services are no longer needed at South Sydney as new owners Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe put a broom through the club.

Chris, 25, has had his share of troughs in a career that includes two grand final peaks - with Brisbane and the Sydney Roosters - as well as a mid-season walk-out on the Rabbitohs in 2003 and a sacking by the Queensland Origin side after a drunken night out a year later.

He has played just seven matches for the Storm this year, struggling to win a place in Melbourne's star-studded backline.

Orr said Walker would "probably" not play again this year but he had spoken to Wests Tigers, Newcastle, the Bulldogs, Parramatta and Gold Coast about his client for 2007.

Walker came close to signing with the Tigers this year and Orr said the joint venture club could get serious soon.

"They're chasing the likes of Pat Richards, if he's unavailable in the next 24-48 hours then they might turn their attention to Chris Walker and if they do then we'll sit down and discuss seriously about Chris joining the Wests Tigers," Orr said.

In a statement, Walker said: "I feel it is best for everyone that I address these issues immediately, I believe I can't do that successfully in Melbourne and need to return to Sydney.

"However I believe once I have addressed these personal and family issues I can once again focus on my football.

"At only 25 I believe I have another five years left in me at the top level."

Meanwhile, Waldron said the Storm's round 26 home game against Manly was likely to be played at Olympic Park despite being scheduled Tuesday with the venue "to be confirmed".

Waldron said the club was showing courtesy to organisers of an athletics carnival booked for the venue on the morning of the match, on September 2, but expected it to go ahead at the ground.

©AAP 2006
It could be Walker :nervous:

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Sweet we signed Cleal... Now I can annoy him at training during the off day at work.. LMAO.. :D :D

Nah seriously, good depth signing... ooh an experienced first grader... sounds like fun... wonder who it could be..

GO THE BULLDOGS.. :D :D

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
What we are going to sign the problem child... he needs to get his personal life in order before we sign him.. I don't want a costly case of the Chris Tuatara's.... :(

If he gets it all in order and we can do him good, then go get him, he'll provide speed on the wing, something we need in our backline I think... ;)

Poor Cuts though if he does sign, it will certainly mean Goodbye to the blue and white... :(

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If its walker.. ill be cheering..

if there is a team that can get that little ***** on track its the dogs

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where does it say we signed kane cleal?

please be some sick joke

dont want him at all

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Help us all, I am looking at the current Off Contract players on the Titans Forum... there is a list there and this is the experienced ones that could be the rumoured signing US was talking about... unless we are scoring an ESL player... :D :D

Experienced Players Off Contract...

- Chris Walker
- Ben Walker
- Craig Smith
- Shane Rigon
- John Doyle
- Shane Elford...

Here's hoping its C Walker... I can't see any use at a club like the Bulldogs with the depth we have for the rest.. :(

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
That's gold Fredsta...!

As for Kane Cleal.. Meh..He's a doggie now so we might aswell accept him and hope he develops into a good footballer for us...

And I think that it may very well be Chris Walker to join us...He gets passed around clubs like he is some kinda slut ffs.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill will be mortified, cry then be full of sheer rage if we happened to sign chris walker

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad signing (Cleal) IMO. Not a great player but has shown that he has some talent there. What a better person to bring it out of him in Folkes and the Canterbury Bulldogs. He can only improve as a footballer spending time with Shrek, Mason and Co.

Not sure about Walker. While his defense is ordinary at best he does have speed to burn which is something our backline lacks. Will be pretty funny seeing him in a Dogs jersey. Would be pretty cheap as well I reckon.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
I can confidently say there is no way Kane cleal will get a start with the Dogs.

Good Luck Cleal.

Status
Not open for further replies.