Something we can be proud of this year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Saturday positivity.

Watching the Storm carve up the tiger pies, made me realise how proud I am of this team. Despite not being able to win, we NEVER got 50 put on us in a normal game, not just this year, the last 3 seasons, even against teams like Souths and roosters.

We didn't even come close (48-6 type scores).
I think the most was 42 from memory.

Something to put a smile on your dial in an unhappy season :grinning:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Saturday positivity.

Watching the Storm carve up the tiger pies, made me realise how proud I am of this team. Despite not being able to win, we NEVER got 50 put on us in a normal game, not just this year, the last 3 seasons, even against teams like Souths and roosters.

So good to see some positive posts,if memory serves me right,we lost on the bell to dragons,Cronulla pipped is in the last couple,souths beat us in last couple mins in first game,and a bit of a cleanout,new ideas,new training staff,things are looking positive.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So good to see some positive posts,if memory serves me right,we lost on the bell to dragons,Cronulla pipped is in the last couple,souths beat us in last couple mins in first game,and a bit of a cleanout,new ideas,new training staff,things are looking positive.
If we iced every game we lost by less than ten, we would be 9th or something

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m proud of us nasheed, we are the same, you and I. Fight club me mate

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Saturday positivity.

The Storm put 41 on us back in Round 13 is there much of a difference??? Keep smoking that crack pipe Trasheed lol

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why do you keep saying 'WE'? Aren't you a south's supporter? How old are you? I'm guessing you're still a teenager
If we iced every game we lost by less than ten, we would be 9th or something

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While I won't be writing a heroic tale of this year, it's true that we've shown determination. Unfortunately when things have gone wrong we haven't quite had a roster that could quickly get back on track. I compare our side with a team stacked with game breakers like the Broncos and things don't look quite as bad. While there is no legitimate excuse for having only three wins, it's encouraging that for the most part we've fought bravely.

Add in a few players that can spark something with individual moments of brilliance and we're going to be seeing a lot more victories in those close games.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the free scoring minor premiers still to go, this thread is really tempting fate

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do you keep saying 'WE'? Aren't you a south's supporter? How old are you? I'm guessing you're still a teenager
I have co-love.
Half Souths half dogs. Love them equally.
And I just turned 30

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have co-love.
And I just turned 30

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing this morning.
Out of our 19 games, yeah we got pumped 5 times by the likes of the Eagles, Roosters, Tigers, Broncos, and Storm.
We lost 8 games by 6 points or less.
We lost these 3 games by 8 points, 16 points, 12 points.
Only 3 wins.
I know it’s cliche to say, and a bunch of bloody what ifs get you nowhere. But,
Had we been able to Convert the 8 games lost by 6 or less plus our 3 lousy wins could have had us on 22 points which is good enough for the top 8.
Something to build on I guess with a young team and hoping we convert on these close ones better next year.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While I won't be writing a heroic tale of this year, it's true that we've shown determination. Unfortunately when things have gone wrong we haven't quite had a roster that could quickly get back on track. I compare our side with a team stacked with game breakers like the Broncos and things don't look quite as bad. While there is no legitimate excuse for having only three wins, it's encouraging that for the most part we've fought bravely.

Add in a few players that can spark something with individual moments of brilliance and we're going to be seeing a lot more victories in those close games.
I agree mate. I'd take our teams determination over the Broncos bunch of pea hearts any day. For them to continually get 50 plus points put on them, there really is no pride in their jersey.

I truly believe it is still commonly accepted amongst other teams and commentators that every game we give it our best shot and more often than not are right in the contest until the end. I still think all of our players have pride in the jersey and it shows in the way we never give up in games. Compare that attitude to the Broncos and it's chalk and cheese.

Unfortunately we just don't have the talent in our squad , but talent will be added to our squad over the next couple of seasons. As long as we always have that Bulldog pride and spirit instilled in every player that pulls on our jersey we will get back to the top. I do believe with the new coaching setup and the first step of a squad re-structure next year , we will rise from the bottom 4 and hopefully be competing for the top 8

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have co-love.
And I just turned 30
Bulldogs fan here: if I had a rubber hose and close to you , I would chew some paper roll it in a ball and use the hose to spit it at you. I’d also make sure there is extra spit. Ban this clown immediately!!! What a wanker!!