Something to think about

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly the whole education system will never work. Every child is different but we can't tailor education so we make a best fit education that's never really going to work for most.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanna know where all these student banging teachers were when I was in school. There were a few I would've had sex at.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Schools teach kids what they want them to know.
It’s why trades are used as a cautionary tale of why kids have to listen to there teachers and get into a university.
Because teachers went to uni, so it must be the only way to get a good job. Right ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wanna know where all these student banging teachers were when I was in school. There were a few I would've had sex at.
We had a few, on got sacked and one got pregnant and kept it.

We were all shocked that one of us actually fucked the freckled tip rat.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a history teacher I presented the facts..it was the students role to interpret them..I merely facilitated their leaning..

Ps..Unfortunately the HSC lends itself to ‘learn this.write this’ type criteria..it becomes more about marks instead of critical thinking..University is best served for that.. That’s why some kids who do great at school in that ‘controlled’ environment, sometimes struggle with the critical thinking aspect at Uni. It works in reverse too..some kids who struggled in school thrive at Uni.. Honestly everybody has the capacity to think critically..just gotta find the best method to awaken it that is right for them!

Pps..what a bloody awesome teacher I was.. bahahaha
I think we're on the same track! I don't think it's possible to teach someone how to think. Learning is about listening and respecting your educators.. Thinking is processing what you learnt and applying it. I believe it's an obscure milestone that is either reached by a an early age (well before school starts) or it's going to be delayed or not reached at all.. It's like talking, walking, throwing catching a ball etc. Listening is the foundation of learning.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly the whole education system will never work. Every child is different but we can't tailor education so we make a best fit education that's never really going to work for most.
True. It’s also about discipline and doing as your dam well told.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True. It’s also about discipline and doing as your dam well told.
Can’t teach kids unless you have discipline.. If they aren’t listening they don’t learn..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we're on the same track! I don't think it's possible to teach someone how to think. Learning is about listening and respecting your educators.. Thinking is processing what you learnt and applying it. I believe it's an obscure milestone that is either reached by a an early age (well before school starts) or it's going to be delayed or not reached at all.. It's like talking, walking, throwing catching a ball etc. Listening is the foundation of learning.
I think you can learn skills to help you develop critical thinking Wolfy..just gotta practice..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think you can learn skills to help you develop critical thinking Wolfy..just gotta practice..
I see it as you teach them HOW to learn and not WHAT to learn.

Teach a man to fish....

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I see it as you teach them HOW to learn and not WHAT to learn.

Teach a man to fish....
Yep.. But really my grand plan was to have the kids making wallets..which I would sell at the markets for 100% profits..as the kids would work for free and I would use the resources of the school to provide materials.. I also wanted to rent classrooms out as storage units..again all costs bore by the school with 100% profits going into my pocket.. Schools are an untapped source of monetary prosperity..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep.. But really my grand plan was to have the kids making wallets..which I would sell at the markets for 100% profits..as the kids would work for free and I would use the resources of the school to provide materials.. I also wanted to rent classrooms out as storage units..again all costs bore by the school with 100% profits going into my pocket.. Schools are an untapped source of monetary prosperity..
I like your proposal and wish to invest in your plan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't fall for this cookie cutter crap.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like your proposal and wish to invest in your plan.
Let’s make some cash..

Ps..could you imagine the kids sitting in classrooms surrounded by boxes and stuff as it’s used for storage units.. lol!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Let’s make some cash..

Ps..could you imagine the kids sitting in classrooms surrounded by boxes and stuff as it’s used for storage units.. lol!
We will just call it "arts and crafts" lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We will just call it "arts and crafts" lol
Yep exactly..that’s the department I’d be charging everything too..lol!

Ps..there’s gotta be a Simpsons cartoon in this idea..