Something that Pissed me off more than losing to the roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
Was the fact in my area, the chants i started with a few other guys didnt pick up with our fans, they didnt last. We were out chanted by the roosters supporters every time, i ended up standing up on my seat and yelling that we need to support our boys and make some noise, were here as fns and support and all 90% of the people were doing was sitting around. I still had fun though, went right off the hook with my sign, cheered my arse off right until the bitter end-as doggies fans should. ****ing shame on those of left early, thats not the bulldogs way.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
yeh well all teams have those sort of fans, i never leave a game until the full time whistle. thats how its meant 2 b. lol im soothing a sore throat now, shame we couldnt get the boys over the line, were just dont have the team

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
my throat is killing me, and ive got to start work in half an hour, got home at 1am on the spot, was a **** drive.. woulda been better if we won but meh. my phone was *****ed by a 1000 txts about my sign

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
^^ Did you have a sign saying Jen *HEARTS* Hazem?

As for the fans that left, I think a lot of them were fans that don't make up the 10 - 15,000 at regular games, therefore they constitute as bandwagoners doesn't it? Having said that I was surprised to see quite a few members leave as well.

bassy

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the cheers/booing from the kennel was gr8...
When mason scored his first try it was so quiet you could of easily heard a pin drop...
Definately a bummer for those who left early...

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
what we miss at our games is the ground announcer starting a chant when thay do it the whole crowed seems to start we dont have that.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
what surprised me, was that i saw members from the opposite side to were i was sitting get up and leave. Before kick off i actually thought to myself "where are all the roosters fans", because at one stage the only roosters fans i saw were in the opposition seats. Only to look straight up behind me at the top level and see it was almost covered with roosters fans.

I had a feeling we would of been in trouble, we had some very good chances in the first 20 and couldn't score a point. I was cheering but when your down 20-0 the momentum is with the opposition, i think some people care too much if they look like idiots when they are cheering for their team when they are down by 20-0, which isn't the case. The Raiders last year were down 40-4 at one stage and they still made plenty of noise for a small group that were there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
yeh well all teams have those sort of fans, i never leave a game until the full time whistle. thats how its meant 2 b. lol im soothing a sore throat now, shame we couldnt get the boys over the line, were just dont have the team
Agreed, you never leave a game early no matter what is happening on the field. I always stay until the end and although it hurts you support through winning and losing and not just leave and take the easy way out.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What pissed me off was Mason scoring, not one but twice.

And those girls who were chanting in Arabic - sorry girls, we speak ENGLISH in Australia.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i think we got to come up with some more witty chants then just the usual "bulldogs bulldogs"

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
What pissed me off was when Mason scored and just sat there. Watching that was the worst part of the night for me, what a heartless w@nker ffs.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What pissed me off was when Mason scored and just sat there. Watching that was the worst part of the night for me, what a heartless w@nker ffs.
Did he ever score two tries in one game for the Bulldogs in all the years he was there?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing pissed me off more than Mason scoring those two tries. I hate him more than ever right now! :nervous:

And those girls who were chanting in Arabic - sorry girls, we speak ENGLISH in Australia.
Are you suggesting its a crime to speak a foreign language in Australia?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
whats wrong if they chant in arabic and where in the law book does it say you must only speak in english in australia?

Bazza

Big Bad Bustling Barry
Reaction score
whats wrong if they chant in arabic and where in the law book does it say you must only speak in english in australia?
Its at page 276 in the Book of Australian Legal Chants.

Seriously though, how can non-arabic speaking people join in the chant. Plus only Hazem understands arabic rofls.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously though, how can non-arabic speaking people join in the chant. Plus only Hazem understands arabic rofls.
I agree with you there - im so sick of those "ayre bel yahood" chants. It would be much better if we all got into the spirit of things whereby everyone could chant together.

But saying things like "Umm this is Australia" brings accross the idea that its a crime to speak another language in Australia. At the end of the day its up to them if they choose to chant how they want, thats what makes this country so tolerant and accepting. People shouldnt feel threatened about how they choose to express themselves - and people of another ethnicity also shouldnt feel "angry" because thats how they express themselves.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you there - im so sick of those "ayre bel yahood" chants. It would be much better if we all got into the spirit of things whereby everyone could chant together.

But saying things like "Umm this is Australia" brings accross the idea that its a crime to speak another language in Australia. At the end of the day its up to them if they choose to chant how they want, thats what makes this country so tolerant and accepting. People shouldnt feel threatened about how they choose to express themselves - and people of another ethnicity also shouldnt feel "angry" because thats how they express themselves.
Well my name is Pauline Hanson and I didn't like it coz I had nfi what they were saying!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well my name is Pauline Hanson and I didn't like it coz I had nfi what they were saying!
It's frustrating i know luv.. i hate it too when Indians do it on trains - but fact of the matter is you just have to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.