Solid teams from the past

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
has there been any non bulldogs teams from the past that didnt win a title but they were good enough to mention here or that you just had a soft spot for

like the 90's north sydney bears i think were a good example, with players like larson, billy moore, farleigh, florimo, matt seers, jason taylor and mark soden, they never made a grand final but fell just short a few times

or how about the sharks team from around that time, they had ET, peachey, paul green and plenty of flash players but they also had those kamikaze running guys like lang and long

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rod, thank fuck you hang around during the off-season, and post some decent threads.

The North Sydney Bears sides for the decade or so leading up to their demise had a number of well known players. This is the best example I can think of, sorry.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rod, thank fuck you hang around during the off-season, and post some decent threads.

The North Sydney Bears sides for the decade or so leading up to their demise had a number of well known players. This is the best example I can think of, sorry.
i remember when seers chased down mullins from a standing start and it was excellent because mullins had a huge reputation at that time, ray warren even mentions that its over

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i remember when seers chased down mullins from a standing start and it was excellent because mullins had a huge reputation at that time, ray warren even mentions that its over

I was also thinking of other guys who played for Norths in the 90s, and remembered Brett Dallas and the late Peter Jackson (although I think Jackson was before Dallas)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I was also thinking of other guys who played for Norths in the 90s, and remembered Brett Dallas and the late Peter Jackson (although I think Jackson was before Dallas)
yeah that also reminds me of the ABC saturday afternoon coverage which had peter jackson, to me as a 9 and 10 year old that was must watch doesnt matter what games were played, i even got into the WNBL which i think was shown after it tbh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah that also reminds me of the ABC saturday afternoon coverage which had peter jackson, to me as a 9 and 10 year old that was must watch doesnt matter what games were played, i even got into the WNBL which i think was shown after it tbh

Saturday afternoon also included our own Debbie Spillane (not sure if she still works with the Club).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

That is beautiful, a run-down, ball and all tackle. It's ashame though that these days that would be a sin bin.