Official Sofa Solar Moaner

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big Nelson Sofa Solar Moaner has been cleared by the NRL for his forearm to the face of Warriors Hooker Wayde Eagen.

The match review committee say it was "incidental".

"There was clear separation between Nelson Asofa-Solomona's arm and the head of Wayde Egan as the players went to the ground," said NRL match review coordinator Luke Patten.

"Asofa-Solomona's arm lands on Egan's chest on a diagonal and makes incidental contact with his head/neck after the ground impact.

"As a result, the match review committee cleared the tackle of involving either a head slam or a dangerous contact action."

Personally I think it was intentional and had malice and given he has priors, should have received a suspension considering Waddles got 5wks for not much.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical protected species like the Storm. Be interesting to see how the NRL try and get Thomas Burgess off for almost decapitating Ronaldo tonight.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Big Nelson Sofa Solar Moaner has been cleared by the NRL for his forearm to the face of Warriors Hooker Wayde Eagen.

"There was clear separation between Nelson Asofa-Solomona's arm and the head of Wayde Egan as the players went to the ground," said NRL match review coordinator Luke Patten.

"Asofa-Solomona's arm lands on Egan's chest on a diagonal and makes incidental contact with his head/neck after the ground impact.

"As a result, the match review committee cleared the tackle of involving either a head slam or a dangerous contact action."

Personally I think it was intentional and had malice and given he has priors, should have received a suspension considering Waddles got 5wks for not much.
Watching the general try to explain that cluster fuck was embarrassing.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That name sounds like a NASA flying saucer..

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big Sofa did the same thing to Joseph Sualii last weekend and escaped suspension yet again and only received a 3K fine....

Righteo then

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'm very disappointed in Patten in this role. He has been as bad as anybody.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the MRC work on a majority or unanimous decision system when citing players and applying grading charges? Either way I'd love to get an idea on the level of involvement Dallas Johnston in particular has in all of this (as well as others there). Patten seems to be the main public face from the MRC.

Also love to know if they have any conflict of interest guidelines in place. I suspect they'd simply say there is no conflict of interest.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do the MRC work on a majority or unanimous decision system when citing players and applying grading charges? Either way I'd love to get an idea on the level of involvement Dallas Johnston in particular has in all of this (as well as others there). Patten seems to be the main public face from the MRC.

Also love to know if they have any conflict of interest guidelines in place. I suspect they'd simply say there is no conflict of interest.
Storm and Qld influence?