• Drivers

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A protest is less effective when done in this way. All you do is piss people off and turn them against your agenda.
Remember the public mood swing against the teachers and rail staff, because they planned protests that inconvenienced half the city ?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A protest is less effective when done in this way. All you do is piss people off and turn them against your agenda.
Remember the public mood swing against the teachers and rail staff, because they planned protests that inconvenienced half the city ?
True..but that’s the power of the protest..and the bargaining chip they have to get want they want..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's kind of the point of a protest.

If a group of people isn't being heard and feel they are being screwed, sometimes protest that inconveniences people is the only way to be heard, and to try to force change.

Not much is going to change if teachers strike on the weekends.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's kind of the point of a protest.

If a group of people isn't being heard and feel they are being screwed, sometimes protest that inconveniences people is the only way to be heard, and to try to force change.

Not much is going to change if teachers strike on the weekends.
That’s just a shitty unionist attitude. It’s been proven to not work.
I had a union rep suggest to me that we should use a job that was going to save thousands of lives, as leverage. I Told him to get fucked and leave, and he goes “this isn’t just your lunchroom mate, this is a democracy?” And I said ok let’s vote “who wants this fucker gone from here” and everyone in the lunch room put their hand up.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s just a shitty unionist attitude. It’s been proven to not work.
I had a union rep suggest to me that we should use a job that was going to save thousands of lives, as leverage. I Told him to get fucked and leave, and he goes “this isn’t just your lunchroom mate, this is a democracy?” And I said ok let’s vote “who wants this fucker gone from here” and everyone in the lunch room put their hand up.
Proven not to work? What? Never?

Nonsense.

Not sure what the connection between that and the anecdote that followed was all about. Are you trying to sa hugy that all unions are terrible Or something?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Nonsense.

Not sure what the connection between that and the anecdote that followed was all about. Are you trying to sa hugy that all unions are terrible Or something?
I've never seen any positive benefit being part of a union.
Everytime I've had a rep try to sell me into their cult, they've failed.

I usually ask, how much per month and what positive changes will you make that will benefit the worker?

Everytime I've never been given a satisfactory answer, so I've never been part of a union.
How many times I've heard, if you don't join the union you will lose your job, is a good laugh.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never seen any positive benefit being part of a union.
Everytime I've had a rep try to sell me into their cult, they've failed.

I usually ask, how much per month and what positive changes will you make that will benefit the worker?

Everytime I've never been given a satisfactory answer, so I've never been part of a union.
How many times I've heard, if you don't join the union you will lose your job, is a good laugh.
Never seen a positive benefit hey?

So, 8 hour working days, penalty rates, health and safety rules that ensure people get home safely from work, protection from unfair dismissal etc etc etc.... Not really "benefits" hard fought by workers hey? Employers must have given these out if the goodness of their hearts.

If you are working in any sort of blue collar job, unionization has had a big hand in ensuring you get to take for granted the above working conditions.

I'm no card carrying unionist. I've personally never been a member of one (with the small exception of a few patches when was much younger), and are not about to defend any of the incompetence and corruption the plagues too many of them. My own parents used to get frustrated many times about their own, in particular their reps who seemed to act with too much self interest.. . And whether to join one or not should and is your right.... But to suggest that they have no place or that they haven't achieved anything, is not even nonsense, it's plain incorrect.

Do we still need unions (and by this I mean effective ones)? Looking at the current race to the bottom we seem to be seeing with zero hour contracts, thousands being forced to be contractors with no penalty rates, reduction of penalty rates for those who are still lucky enough, I'm saying probably yes. .

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Nonsense.

Because a small issue was enough for this fuckwit to impact thousands of lives negatively.
I don’t think unions are terrible, I’m a union delegate. But I do believe power comes with responsibility and sadly, in my union anyway, I’m one of very few who do.
I’m actually planing to create my own union, for that exact reason.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because a small issue was enough for this fuckwit to impact thousands of lives negatively.
I don’t think unions are terrible, I’m a union delegate. But I do believe power comes with responsibility and sadly, in my union anyway, I’m one of very few who do.
I’m actually planing to create my own union, for that exact reason.
If you plan to form your own union for good, I genuinely applaud You, and wish you all the best with it!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Never seen a positive benefit hey?

So, 8 hour working days, penalty rates, health and safety rules that ensure people get home safely from work, protection from unfair dismissal etc etc etc.... Not really "benefits" hard fought by workers hey? Employers must have given these out if the goodness of their hearts.

If you are working in any sort of blue collar job, unionization has had a big hand in ensuring you get to take for granted the above working conditions.

I'm no card carrying unionist. I've personally never been a member of one (with the small exception of a few patches when was much younger), and are not about to defend any of the incompetence and corruption the plagues too many of them. My own parents used to get frustrated many times about their own, in particular their reps who seemed to act with too much self interest.. . And whether to join one or not should and is your right.... But to suggest that they have no place or that they haven't achieved anything, is not even nonsense, it's plain incorrect.

Do we still need unions (and by this I mean effective ones)? Looking at the current race to the bottom we seem to be seeing with zero hour contracts, thousands being forced to be contractors with no penalty rates, reduction of penalty rates for those who are still lucky enough, I'm saying probably yes. .
Unions have in the past, a very long time ago been effective no doubt.
But now they are greedy communist self serving pricks.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Police + high pressure water cannon + bright blue dye + smell = the ideal thing for removing protestors.

and ... it's funny as fuck!

The second one is the funniest. It doesn't look like it's affecting him that much... they aim for the head, then ZOING!!!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I lost my shit at the fat bloke copping it full force in the face, and the ensuing roll.

All someone needed was something like this.

Far out... talk about class. Takes a good driver to do that - especially considering that it's most likely not tuned. And I thought this Supra drifter had class...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Far out... talk about class. Takes a good driver to do that - especially considering that it's most likely not tuned. And I thought this Supra drifter had class...

It's from BeamNG.Drive (Car racing game). One of the options is a BUS :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's from BeamNG.Drive (Car racing game). One of the options is a BUS :D
That's a game? Bloody hell it looks real :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I guess those Asian commentators at the end of the video are what threw me!

Status
Not open for further replies.