SOB Williams doesn't understand child safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle...amily-holiday-snap/ar-BBGCd3H?ocid=spartanntp

People have noticed something deeply worrying about rugby star's smiling family holiday snap

Mirror

Jon Livesey 3 hrs ago

© @sonnybillwilliams/Instagram This picture has sparked outrage from some people - can you spot why?
When cross-code star Sonny Bill Williams shared a snap showing his wife and child smiling on holiday, he probably wasn't expecting a lesson in health and safety.

But that's what he received from a good number of fans.

The photograph shows the 32-year-old in the driver's seat of a convertible, with his wife Alana next to him and his daughter Imaan, three, in the back.

All three are beaming for the camera - but not everyone was happy with the picture.

© @sonnybillwilliams/Instagram Sonny Bill Williams has been enjoying a family holiday in the Cook Islands. Williams, who has been enjoying a family holiday in the Cook Islands with Alana, Imaan and youngest child Aisha, one, posted the image on Instagram on Sunday.

And people were quick to point out where the sportsman is going wrong when it comes to child safety.

Imaan appears to have part of a seatbelt around her, but is not sitting in a child's car seat.

One person wrote: "Family comes first but no car seats - come on Sonny you should know better."

Another added: "Car seat is needed for little ones Sonny, never travel without them."

"No child seat you serious?" asked someone else.

© @sonnybillwilliams/Instagram Credits: sonnybillwilliams/Instagram Williams, who has represented New Zealand in rugby league and rugby union, has posted several holiday snaps on Instagram while on Rarotonga.

Lots of other people have lent their support, pointing out that child car seats are not compulsory in the Cook Islands, found in the South Pacific.

One wrote: "Relax peeps, in the islands speed limit is like 30-40kms/h and never heard of any accidents here in paradise."

"Kids here don't even wear seat belts, they sit at the back of trucks on aunties and uncles laps," said another.

Meanwhile, Anthony Mundine, a rugby league player turned boxer, has said it's more than likely that Williams will stay in rugby union.

He said: "As great as rugby league is, rugby is the world game. Lots of countries play it all over Europe and South Africa, it's massive. I went to South Africa to watch him play a [Super Rugby] game and they had fans waiting outside the hotel room. It's a big thing. It's the biggest sport over there. It's crazy."

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I should add that perhaps that there were no kids car seats available where he was.

A

Alexander the Great

I should add that perhaps that there were no kids car seats available where he was.
Right on... if its not a law there may not be any demand for them.
People just love to have a stab when they get the chance to.

In other news his mrs is a good sort.
Good work SBW

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everytime I read about SBW I cant help.but wonder what might have been.. same as Thurston

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dumb prick. The only purpose of his airbag is to protect his smile, because there's nothing between the ears. Fuck the self loving douche and the cash cow he rode in on. Do they have laws in the Cook Islands against parents importing/ using kids safety seats? Sonny is a dumbass. :P

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Attitudes towards child safety vary massively between places.

My BIL's kids in Thailand just run amok on the back seat. In a country with the 2nd highest road toll in the world. And they think nothing of it. The price if life is so cheap in some places.

My mate's wife is currently in Mexico visiting her family with their 1.5 year old. She posted a video of him standing on his grandfather's lap, "driving ". All of her friends were posting about how cute it was etc. I know he is fucking livid (as I would be). He may have been putting along, but one impact from the side or front, airbag deploys and boom - Dead kid.

As a result we will be taking our own child seat when visiting my in-laws after the kid is born.

In the current case, not using child seats is probably not even thought of by locals, but provided the cars are set up to fit them, I would either insist on one from rental place, or bring my own.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was just driving around the block for the snap?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What he did wasn't illegal in the country he was currently in so this is a nothing article.
It's not about legality....it's about child safety. People weren't saying he was a criminal...they were saying he's an idiot....and he is :P

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I read somewhere the Cook Islands have speed limits of 30 or 40 km/h meaning it wouldn't be too big and impact of they did get in an accident, but I would like to know if the car was in motion when the photo was being taken, or if it was stationary. He should know better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cars still roll over at 30kph
Maybe high profiles on an uneven broken road if you hook it dramatically... I'm guessing he was driving a car that is virtually touching the ground.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe high profiles on an uneven broken road if you hook it dramatically... I'm guessing he was driving a car that is virtually touching the ground.
what? They won't roll off a shoulder???

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While taking a fucking selfie

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not about legality....it's about child safety. People weren't saying he was a criminal...they were saying he's an idiot....and he is :P
There’s hundreds of things more dangerous than a child not on a booster seat driving 30k/h around an island.

I bet half of the dropkicks commenting probably smoke around their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.