So who decided our top 30?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I refer specifically to the min wage pack.

Randomly,
Back in October/November,
One day in the dead of night we announced new signings in our top 30+ development players
Harding
Katoa
Roamonus
And in the dev team,
Pickens
Topine
Doorey (upgraded later on)
And 2 other randoms

my question is,
What was the logic here?

Firstly, the fact it came overnight seemed a bit odd to me.

secondly
The composition of this is all wrong.
They are literally all wingers and second rowers. Except for picken.
It has left us short of hookers and centres. As evidenced by us crying to the nrl to get Deitz round 1.

How bad is that? We need to go outside our top 30 in our first game?
A guy not in the 39 debuted round 1.

also, why not Schoupp? Why did Pickens get a gig over Schoupp despite Schoupp starting ahead of him at Mounties?

Why wasn’t doorey automatically in the top 30 after last year over Romanous?
Romanous can’t crack the Mounties team over Mounties players.

Also Ava now can’t get a look in.

I’m alarmed this isn’t talked about a bit more. This has left us in a bit of a spot with our depth.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was talked about a lot at the time. Most of the questionable development contracts and Harding and Romounos being in the top 30 were due to clauses put into the players contracts back when Warren McDonnell was recruitment officer. Thankfully we managed to move Harding on already and you’d have to assume the worst of it is over after this year since McDonnell has been gone a while now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It was talked about a lot at the time. Most of the questionable development contracts and Harding and Romounos being in the top 30 were due to clauses put into the players contracts back when Warren McDonnell was recruitment officer. Thankfully we managed to move Harding on already and you’d have to assume the worst of it is over after this year since McDonnell has been gone a while now.
Hey Spoons. Thanks for that.
This is news to me, can you elaborate on what this clause was?

Also what’s the go with Harding?
I’ve read some comments here on TK to suggest he’s gone but I see no evidence of that?
In which case there is 2 spots in our 30 now. Would have to think Schoupp and Deitz gets the call up ? Maybe Ava?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually confirmed Harding moving on?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we talking about the Bulldogs or Souths here? I'm confused about the 'our' statement, that's all

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what I am saying. Is it TK rumour or truth? I’ve seen nothing offical in the paper of online. I haven’t even seen detail, just comments.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Spoons. Thanks for that.
This is news to me, can you elaborate on what this clause was?

Also what’s the go with Harding?
I’ve read some comments here on TK to suggest he’s gone but I see no evidence of that?
In which case there is 2 spots in our 30 now. Would have to think Schoupp and Deitz gets the call up ? Maybe Ava?
There wasn’t one blanket clause but it was just the final year of the deal would be in the development squad or top 30 depending on the player.

I was just going off what was said about Harding on here. He wasn’t spotted at the season launch, hasn’t been named in any side this year and hasn’t been mentioned in injury reports so something has definitely happened there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It hasn’t been confirmed but it’s bizarre that he has just disappeared without a trace this season if he still is with the club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There wasn’t one blanket clause but it was just the final year of the deal would be in the development squad or top 30 depending on the player.

I was just going off what was said about Harding on here. He wasn’t spotted at the season launch, hasn’t been named in any side this year and hasn’t been mentioned in injury reports so something has definitely happened there.
Weird.
There might be some oil to be found out here.
I know how Khoury operates. If Harding has found himself in trouble, he could have been quietly dealt with. Khoury (rightly so) is big on keeping negative dogs stuff out of the media

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It hasn’t been confirmed but it’s bizarre that he has just disappeared without a trace this season if he still is with the club.
Yeah I agree it's clear he's gone, because his name no longer appears anywhere .. just strange that nothing has been mentioned..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird.
There might be some oil to be found out here.
I know how Khoury operates. If Harding has found himself in trouble, he could have been quietly dealt with. Khoury (rightly so) is big on keeping negative dogs stuff out of the media
I think it would have more to do with the kid weighing 40kgs ringing wet rather than any off field troubles.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it would have more to do with the kid weighing 40kgs ringing wet rather than any off field troubles.
Haha but still a contract is a contract. It’s a huge thing to pull the rug on a kid getting his break.
Has he popped up anywhere?
Could he just be injured and they left his name off?
Also didn’t someone say Brisbane wanted him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha but still a contract is a contract. It’s a huge thing to pull the rug on a kid getting his break.
Has he popped up anywhere?
Could he just be injured and they left his name off?
Also didn’t someone say Brisbane wanted him?
I think someone said he was named in a Queensland Cup side on here so he might have ended up there? It was probably harsh but I like the club being ruthless.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think someone said he was named in a Queensland Cup side on here so he might have ended up there? It was probably harsh but I like the club being ruthless.
Interesting and I’ll research.
I wonder how they did it. Why name him in the fi
Place?
pedhaos they said he has no future but he is still paid and on the books but allowed to play elsewhere?
Hence why he’s still in the 30

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No Harding in the QLD cup
Some very interesting names in the comp though.
Check out the magpies backline.
Also Herman esese is languishing there and jai whitbread can’t make the run on team. That’s a huge fall from two years ago

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting and I’ll research.
I wonder how they did it. Why name him in the fi
Place?
pedhaos they said he has no future but he is still paid and on the books but allowed to play elsewhere?
Hence why he’s still in the 30
He was training before Xmas so maybe there was a conversation and Harding was happy to leave? The Dogs might have been happy to eat the minimum wage contract for a roster spot in the top 30 too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He was training before Xmas so maybe there was a conversation and Harding was happy to leave? The Dogs might have been happy to eat the minimum wage contract for a roster spot in the top 30 too.
The money isn’t the issue it’s the spot.
I wonder if he went to union

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hate it and it's backfired (not 1 of the players has kicked on, we weren't able to add our promising players because of it) but nothing we can do about it now. I think the people/person who made that decision aren't here anymore.

Kelster

Waterboy
Reaction score
Guys, Harding has left the club. He was told be Trent before round 1 that he was not wanted, and is currently negtoiating with the Eels. this 100% from Tyrone himself.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There was another Tyrone Harding in the same age group, same position who played at St George. He is now up with SL Maggies. Not our Harding.