So, the new revamped Kennel site

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty awesome isn't it :grinning:

Huge thumbs up to Nash for all his hard work on this one... and there are still some more things to come apparently :grinning:

For those wondering what the deal is, head to http://www.thekennel.com.au and you'll see the forums new landing page.

Again there are a few other things in the pipeline for it, and please understand that it is very much still in Beta at present.

Submitting Articles isn't live just yet, but soon you (the user) will be able to contribute to the frontpage as well with any Bulldogs related articles you have. A Wiki is also in the process, which would make the site not "just a forum", but a home for anything Bulldogs related.

Feel free to give any input: good/bad/indifferent and we'll pass it on or look into it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. I had completely failed to notice any changes bar having a sneaking suspicion that somebody had temporarily moved the home button this afternoon so that it was set out before the top post and new posts button in the links up top. I generally just type "the" and then use the scroll down function to go straight to the new posts page. I did have a look at the home page after reading this thread and it's an improvement, but for me i'll just stick with the new posts links to avoid the wait of loading the home page with my slow net connection. I stopped logging into the bulldogs official site when it became too data heavy to move quickly and get annoyed that you can't find information there in written form. Takes their videos fecking forever to buffer when all i want is to read a line of information to find out if a player is due to return. This is probably not the place to complain about that though.

In having said that i won't bother looking at the home page often, thanks for the effort you guys put in keeping this site functional, easy to navigate and modern. It's a great place to keep in touch with fans who are as Bulldogs obsessed as i am. I appreciate the effort.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Submit Articles button is now working 100% ..

Users are now able to submit articles for moderators to approve :grinning:

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
i like it, got confused when i first saw it but realized what was going on haha

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
So what actually are these articles?

ie, what are they written about, if approved then where would they be, etc

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So what actually are these articles?

ie, what are they written about, if approved then where would they be, etc
Can be anything about footy/bulldogs related. Like how people create bulldog threads in the bulldogs sections regarding media articles. They will be "Front page" think of it like like a sportsportal or news/sports page.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Can be anything about footy/bulldogs related. Like how people create bulldog threads in the bulldogs sections regarding media articles. They will be "Front page" think of it like like a sportsportal or news/sports page.
Five bucks says all the articles will be "Bulldogs firm as premiership contenders" when we win games and "Bulldogs firm as wooden spoon contenders" when we lose games

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Five bucks says all the articles will be "Bulldogs firm as premiership contenders" when we win games and "Bulldogs firm as wooden spoon contenders" when we lose games
I could take up your $5 wage and rig it tbh cos only mods can reject or approve the articles so that wouldn't be a fair bet

Reaction score
the only thing i think this site is missing is a big countdown clock to bulldogs next game

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Countdown clock (Next game info) is a work in progress I believe.

Also a ladder was due to go up there but had a few issues, but might make a reappearance.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Never use the home page lol. Pretty plain.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The name of the guy who wrote the article should be on it tbh.