So much work to do

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A win is a win and it feels really good.

We scored 3 tries off kicks.

Tries off kicks can come off real skill and sometimes just pure luck. Tonight all our tries off kicks were from pure luck. When the ball goes up the ball bounces off shoulders, heads etc etc with a loose ball etc etc.

The Smith try was just a barge over that should have been stopped. Our best constructed tries this year happened when Foran was involved and we are losing him. Not good,

Now concerning is the defense. I dont understand how we are in the lead, dominating possession, where in the last 10 of the 1st half and most of the 2nd half where the opposition are making 80-90 metres a set.

Not moving off the line, falling off tackles, giving up off load after off load, this after dominating the score board and possession. This is something that has started to occur in the last 3-4 weeks especially against the Raiders, Manly and tonight.

Are we badly unfit? Check out mentally? Cant handle adversity?

Again, very happy for a win but some real disturbing things are in our game,

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are toasted psychologically. That is what tends to happen when you keep losing week in week out. Add to that all the other crap that has been happening this year and it is doubly hard.

Any win we were going to get this season was going to come with a lot of effort, which has usually been there, but also some key mistakes by the other team.

This is certainly one to enjoy, but don't waste time dissecting it, of course there are problems, big ones. A lot of them will mostly go away if we can start winning again, and hopefully that is something Barrett and the new coaching team can start to get happening a little more often next season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No where near as many brain explosions or key crucial errors leading to tries against tonight. That's a positive and the players proved they have it in them to be competitive.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly believe there is a decent footy side desperate to be uncovered in this lot. With a few more key signatures and some actual coaching, who knows what is possible next year..

I will say that our attack has looked far better since georgallis took over, but defence has looked very average.. our wrestle is non existent allowing the opposition to roll us in the ruck of the back of quick play the balls... That may also come down to fitness and not getting numbers in the tackle..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Tries off kicks can come off real skill and sometimes just pure luck. Tonight all our tries off kicks were from pure luck. When the ball goes up the ball bounces off shoulders, heads etc etc with a loose ball etc etc.

The Smith try was just a barge over that should have been stopped. Our best constructed tries this year happened when Foran was involved and we are losing him. Not good,

Now concerning is the defense. I dont understand how we are in the lead, dominating possession, where in the last 10 of the 1st half and most of the 2nd half where the opposition are making 80-90 metres a set.

Not moving off the line, falling off tackles, giving up off load after off load, this after dominating the score board and possession. This is something that has started to occur in the last 3-4 weeks especially against the Raiders, Manly and tonight.

Shit you must be fun at parties?
I give you the new Mr. Salty.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

If you always compare us to the roosters at the moment you will come up with this

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you lack the skill to match the opposition and your confidence is rock bottom, things like this happen.

There's obviously a lot to work on, but I'll take this win and soak it up because as a Bulldogs fan me and my family deserve it.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had tries against us with pinpoint kicks and we finally have our halves exploiting our talk backs with kicks that find the mark. I'm not complaining.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had tries against us with pinpoint kicks and we finally have our halves exploiting our talk backs with kicks that find the mark. I'm not complaining.
When talking about tries off kicks with skill involved, i am talking about Jayden Okunbor's try against Manly last week, clean catch etc.

When balls are bouncing off shoulders etc, they are just flukey tries.