So many positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened in the second half? It seemed as though we were playing desball again.. Just trying to defend our lead
Penrith are a dangerous team with strikepower all over the field. They have been the comback kings in their first two games and we did well to hold our lead to the end.
Try and enjoy the win instead of criticizing them.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Oh for sure. He def deserves his place in the team. Im not suggesting otherwise. And he is probably our best option to partner foran at this stage. Hope he goes from strength to strength!
Failing Sezer coming over I would give this kid the "keys to the car" for now.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The little things R1 & 2 cost us but the intent and effort was there.

Tonight it started to gel. Mbye...Foran...RFM...

The "gamesmanship" of the last minute. So unlike the last few years.

They're backing themselves individually and that hasn't happened for a looooong time.
Glad he gave talau a crack

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened in the second half? It seemed as though we were playing desball again.. Just trying to defend our lead
Must have been the unprofessional fullbacks fault....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh for sure. He def deserves his place in the team. Im not suggesting otherwise. And he is probably our best option to partner foran at this stage. Hope he goes from strength to strength!
I agree it wasnt great, but its important to not underestimate what they were defending as well.
Our right edge is a work in process, as is our team in general.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still plenty to work on. We still look unfit and our rotations are still poor. Right edge defence is a huge worry, if they're not conceding a line break then they're conceding 30+ metres. Our overall go forward still needs improvement, way to flat footed and not running in numbers often enough.

JMK is a positive, as is Moses and RFM. Jmoz had his best game in a while and ran with some intent. Commitment was a lot better and we looked more switched on. Backs also had a few good carries but still plenty some improvement needed.
If you didn’t think that they would cause problems down that right edge you’re naive, he’s an animal... hoppa up until this game had only missed 2 tackles out of the 47 that he had done

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Setting expecations early is a good thing with our current roster... I'm just here to say, don't get frustrated if we can't play with that level of emotion and effort week to week. That win seemed to take alot of effort, and penrith was really close to knocking us off and had a number of disadvantages.

If they can build on that and play like that all year I would be happy, but I just don't know if its sustainable.

Very happy with the effort they displayed in a memorial game for folkes. They did the right thing and showed up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you didn’t think that they would cause problems down that right edge you’re naive, he’s an animal... hoppa up until this game had only missed 2 tackles out of the 47 that he had done
Our right edge is a mess, Hoppa and Foran were extremely poor defending out wide. And you have to attempt a tackle to register a missed tackle. We have conceded 9 tries on the right edge, huge problems.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our right edge is a mess, Hoppa and Foran were extremely poor defending out wide. And you have to attempt a tackle to register a missed tackle. We have conceded 9 tries on the right edge, huge problems.
Well according to stats if he’s made 47 tackles in two games he’s obviously attempting tackles... and only missed two... like I said kikau is a beast he’d cause majority of problems to edge defence... I think foran put his body on the line to night, really giving it his all.. belted late after kicks too

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I will have to watch the game again.
The 2nd half we didn't have much opportunity in attack.
Brown had the try disallowed but other than that not many chances.
I thought Penrith got away with slowing the play the ball a lot in the 2nd half.
First half attack was excellent!!
Mybe fantastic!!

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Tualau was running strong in the 10mins or so he played. A welcome addition to the bench he needs to stay there and get more mins.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If roosters win today, we've played three of top five teams on ladder. Only early but def a pass mark to get a win against one of them. It's the 50/50 games like next week we have to win for a top eight push.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The attack was much better. But the thing that won us the game was the defence.
RFM, Lichaa, Tolman and Jackson were all very good.
The team is starting to play like a team now, and will get better.
I'm still not sure about Elliott. He has a go, but is sometimes inefective. I would like to
see Ogden given a go in his place. Woods and Klemmer improved on last week but need to improve even more.
Otherwise, keep the same team

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The attack was much better. But the thing that won us the game was the defence.
RFM, Lichaa, Tolman and Jackson were all very good.
The team is starting to play like a team now, and will get better.
I'm still not sure about Elliott. He has a go, but is sometimes inefective. I would like to
see Ogden given a go in his place. Woods and Klemmer improved on last week but need to improve even more.
Otherwise, keep the same team
I'd like to have seen us play like we did in the first half instead of just trying to defend our lead.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree it wasnt great, but its important to not underestimate what they were defending as well.
Our right edge is a work in process, as is our team in general.
Hahaha. Not unexpected that you would agree when you are quoting yourself :laughing:

There were some positives in that win, but we're still far from looking polished. The scrappy wins wind up being more important to a season than if you are able to dominate your opposition in my opinion. It's nice to grow confidence from piling on points against a weaker team but too many of these types of wins can build some complacency. So while this win is great, it's still not a convincing enough win for the team to feel like they're close to their best yet.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
so many negatives we were lucky to win defence still crap
Crap means something of extremely poor quality.Even if we get the spoon,which we will not, I will never ever agree to crap in describing the Bulldogs.Apart from Saints,Storm,Easts and perhaps Warriors, no other team has shown that they are a complete team.This year's top 8 might be a bigger battle then was first predicted, and if "our work in progress" continues in the right direction we are in with a big chance of making the playoffs.We'll progress through the season one game at a time, so please if you are a true fan, never call the Dogs crap after a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.