So many positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The little things R1 & 2 cost us but the intent and effort was there.

Tonight it started to gel. Mbye...Foran...RFM...

The "gamesmanship" of the last minute. So unlike the last few years.

They're backing themselves individually and that hasn't happened for a looooong time.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Liked the way they wound down the clock ala Cameron Smith. Fully expected to lose it in the dying minutes, like last year; but there seems to be some steel. Long way to go, but looking better than 2017.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Things to fix YES BUT Pay said we were a work in progress.

A win is EXACTLY what we needed, regardless of how. First win with a new coach and suddenly you start to fire up and get momentum.

A few defensive woes on that Montoya side of the field, but our attack is looking dangerous, and Mbye is going to cause all sorts of problems.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still plenty to work on. We still look unfit and our rotations are still poor. Right edge defence is a huge worry, if they're not conceding a line break then they're conceding 30+ metres. Our overall go forward still needs improvement, way to flat footed and not running in numbers often enough.

JMK is a positive, as is Moses and RFM. Jmoz had his best game in a while and ran with some intent. Commitment was a lot better and we looked more switched on. Backs also had a few good carries but still plenty some improvement needed.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things to fix YES BUT Pay said we were a work in progress.

A win is EXACTLY what we needed, regardless of how. First win with a new coach and suddenly you start to fire up and get momentum.

A few defensive woes on that Montoya side of the field, but our attack is looking dangerous, and Mbye is going to cause all sorts of problems.
To early to be sure but always thought that Mbye could be Barba like at FB without his head issues.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still plenty to work on. We still look unfit and our rotations are still poor. Right edge defence is a huge worry, if they're not conceding a line break then they're conceding 30+ metres. Our overall go forward still needs improvement, way to flat footed and not running in numbers often enough.

JMK is a positive, as is Moses and RFM. Jmoz had his best game in a while and ran with some intent. Commitment was a lot better and we looked more switched on. Backs also had a few good carries but still plenty some improvement needed.
Agree but lets remember we're working from a low base...onwards and upwards so far!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. That was a fantastic win, and there were plenty of positives. Our right edge defense is still a little worrying, but im confident they will improve. In their defense though, kikau is a fucking beast!!!
As for positives, mbye, wow!!! He was again fantastic. He carves them up at will, which is something hoppa never did. Eventually teams will fear him, but im not sure they will be able to stop him.
Mbye still needs to work on his goal kicking, but his general play kicks were good and its great to have another fb who can kick! He is also very composed and shows good leadership. I think we are dinally going to see the best of him.
Foran was tough as nails!! He kept getting hit, but always got straight to his feet. Great to see after his many injuries. He is a tough as nails when fit like he is now.
RFM was again really good. Not quite the impact of his first game though.
Klemmer ran with aggression finally!! It looked as though he really took it upon himself to lead the forwards, and so he should!! Dropped a pass in the second half and put us under pressure, but ran really hard and didnt back down from the challenge all day.
I feel like Pay finally got his bench rotations sorted too. Starting tolman really made this a lot easier, and i think our defense was much better with him playing the first 40 mins. Pretty solid game by him.
JMK was solid. Nothing amazing, but he showed good composure and didnt let anyone down. Proved he is pretty tough
As well. I dont think he is a long term solution, but he is a very handy utility.
The morris boys both played well too. Especially Jmoz. His defense was great and he really turned back the clock with that intercept.
All in all im bloody happy to get the win. We are still a work in progress but i think we will really grow in confidence after this win and hopefully only improve moving forward.
WELL DONE BOYS!!!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened in the second half? It seemed as though we were playing desball again.. Just trying to defend our lead

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree. That was a fantastic win, and there were plenty of positives. Our right edge defense is still a little worrying, but im confident they will improve. In their defense though, kikau is a fucking beast!!!
As for positives, mbye, wow!!! He was again fantastic. He carves them up at will, which is something hoppa never did. Eventually teams will fear him, but im not sure they will be able to stop him.
Mbye still needs to work on his goal kicking, but his general play kicks were good and its great to have another fb who can kick! He is also very composed and shows good leadership. I think we are dinally going to see the best of him.
Foran was tough as nails!! He kept getting hit, but always got straight to his feet. Great to see after his many injuries. He is a tough as nails when fit like he is now.
RFM was again really good. Not quite the impact of his first game though.
Klemmer ran with aggression finally!! It looked as though he really took it upon himself to lead the forwards, and so he should!! Dropped a pass in the second half and put us under pressure, but ran really hard and didnt back down from the challenge all day.
I feel like Pay finally got his bench rotations sorted too. Starting tolman really made this a lot easier, and i think our defense was much better with him playing the first 40 mins. Pretty solid game by him.
JMK was solid. Nothing amazing, but he showed good composure and didnt let anyone down. Proved he is pretty tough
As well. I dont think he is a long term solution, but he is a very handy utility.
The morris boys both played well too. Especially Jmoz. His defense was great and he really turned back the clock with that intercept.
All in all im bloody happy to get the win. We are still a work in progress but i think we will really grow in confidence after this win and hopefully only improve moving forward.
WELL DONE BOYS!!!!!
Our bench is still lacking an impact forward/player. I would let this JMK thing play out and let the kid's form decide how long he stays in the team. It would be great to see something special come through our club again.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not really brain fades in my opinion. Kikau is a fucking beast!!! And edwards is very quick.
True... but Hoppa and Foran seemed to trip over themselves a couple of times in first half. Maloney was all over them.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our bench is still lacking an impact forward/player. I would let this JMK thing play out and let the kid's form decide how long he stays in the team. It would be great to see something special come through our club again.
Oh for sure. He def deserves his place in the team. Im not suggesting otherwise. And he is probably our best option to partner foran at this stage. Hope he goes from strength to strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.