Official So good to see Ciraldos faith in Hayze Perham justified!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No mate you can’t get away with that, but I bet if you asked him he’d tell you he’d of preferred to be on the wing, but we needed him at FB and he put his hand up and did his 100% best for our team and club at the time.
Perret was a fine instinctive winger who very good at getting low and finding the try line in tight spaces.

He was chucked into FB because the first preference JMoz didn't want to lose his center spot in Origin by playing FB at club level.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I knew nothing about this kid except he played for Eels and had a major injury last year.

Watching him first 3 games with a set of fresh eyes and no bias.. i really like this kid. He has speed, he has vision and watching him closely, other players look to him for spark. He could have a bright future ahead for him.

Its honestly refreshing Watching this team this year..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam Perret filled in for us at FB during some very trying times, he may not have superstar status but he was very reliable and always gave 100%, I saw him score and set up some wonderful try’s and I watched him save try’s that even better fullbacks would have let in.

Also on a personal note, he’s a true gentlemen, would give you the shirt off his back to help you out, if there were more Sam Perrett’s & less disrespectful Nasheed’s in the world, it would be a much nicer place ..
Unlike real life..social media has complete anonymity and NO filter sadly...the world is a worse place for it imo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Perrett and Inu changed our seasons fortunes in a single year, Perrett in particular was Mr.consistency - pay respect were due.
Lots of players are consistent. I didn’t say perfect was unreliable just bland. As fast as a quail.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody weird how so many orgasm and jizz over Perrett but in the same breathe say Holland was nothing social

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody weird how so many orgasm and jizz over Perrett but in the same breathe say Holland was nothing social
Many players careers over the last 10 years have been killed bybterrible coaches and inept management.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come talk to me about Holland when he’s played over 250 first grade games and represented his country .. Holland may have been a victim of bad coaching, or he just may not have been 1st grade standard, I can’t answer that, but I do know he’s not in Sam Perrett league ..

Generally if a players good enough but receiving bad coaching, it’ll be spotted by a more astute coach and they’ll be picked up by one of the other 16 clubs, Holland had zero offers which says a lot.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was the first person to suggest we have a look at him a year or so ago. I also saw massive potential in him. Can only hope he keeps improving. Good start so far imo
Hope he can keep up the good work and continue to build on what he has shown so far. About time we had a decent fb.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo has to be credited for the confidence our rookies are playing with. Every opportunity with media he details a rookies contribution.
There was a lot of talk on here about wanting a seasoned experienced coach, but I really think we’re going to see why having CC who’s a proven development coach is so beneficial over the next few years, I see where Gus is taking us, he’ll keep the young ones coming into the lower grades and CC and Co. will sort out the keepers and turn them into future superstars of the game ..

The clubs in good hands success is just going to take time, enjoy the journey.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hayze is safe. Most awkward running style I have seen since schifcofske but it's effective.

Where does he fit in when Crichton is here?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned he would be an absolute dud! But he has done well in his first few games. Didnt put a foot wrong yesterday!! Very light and agile on his feewt, and made plenty of metres.
After watching the all star match and pre-season I had no hope for him….he seems to be performing well. CC is not a fool and owes Perham nothing, we should all relax, accept there will be a period of adjustment for the team and give CC the benefit of the doubt until he proves he shouldn’t be given it(hopefully this doesn’t transpire!)

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham needs to work on his ball handling/ play making in the red zone. Can’t just be a support player 24/7. I’d rather Averillo play FB inside 20 and move Perham to right centre for set pieces. Also, his defensive positioning at times can be hit and miss.

His biggest strengths are his yardage work and lateral quickness. He has an absolutely lethal step/ jink at the line and helps him to bust tackles for a break or quick PTB. But he spends too much time in the redzone holding the ball and running sideways with no real purpose.

I have faith that the game will start to slow down for him and he’ll be a gun FB by seasons end.
Good points and interesting suggestions!

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk on here about wanting a seasoned experienced coach, but I really think we’re going to see why having CC who’s a proven development coach is so beneficial over the next few years, I see where Gus is taking us, he’ll keep the young ones coming into the lower grades and CC and Co. will sort out the keepers and turn them into future superstars of the game ..

The clubs in good hands success is just going to take time, enjoy the journey.
I think blooding an assistant was the better option all along. Just had to be the right one (*ahemnotBarrett*) The experienced coaches might have offered us some more immediate success (and lord knows we're all dying to see the Dogs back in the finals ASAP) but the reality is that the supercoaches are heading toward retirement. Even if we'd pulled Bennett, it would have been a short term solution. The other successful coaches have gigs they're not going to leave or, like Siebold, had failed at other clubs and came with big question marks. At some point, the next generation of coaches had to come through. If CC is successful, he could set himself up as a long term Dogs coach, which we haven't had since Folkes.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of players are consistent. I didn’t say perfect was unreliable just bland. As fast as a quail.
Speaking of quails, pay attention to the end of the video, has you written all over it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don’t think critta was necessary with papali and haze plus a glutton of centres