Official So good to see Ciraldos faith in Hayze Perham justified!

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham could play anywhere in the backline. Reckon he would make a better half than Flanagan while seeing if KO steps up.
From memory played some of his junior footy in the halves.
Put papa at the back got some serious pace and line breaking ability in that backline.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perham needs to work on his ball handling/ play making in the red zone. Can’t just be a support player 24/7. I’d rather Averillo play FB inside 20 and move Perham to right centre for set pieces. Also, his defensive positioning at times can be hit and miss.

His biggest strengths are his yardage work and lateral quickness. He has an absolutely lethal step/ jink at the line and helps him to bust tackles for a break or quick PTB. But he spends too much time in the redzone holding the ball and running sideways with no real purpose.

I have faith that the game will start to slow down for him and he’ll be a gun FB by seasons end.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s not forget he was basically invisible in G1 against manly (including from their kicks behind the line) but I’m not going to shit on him for that because we were all shit.
the last couple of weeks he’s been safe and dangerous. If that’s the standard we can expect from Hayze, I think we’re all going to be happy.
I thought the first Tommy T try was all Burtons fault - if you watch the replays, Perham had it covered. His hand deflecting the kick for no reason wrong footed Perham and gave Turbo a clean run at the footy. If Burton pulls his hand away, Perham cleans it up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2023 - Purple Hayze
2024 - Critta
2025 - Papa (maybe 2024 origin time)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood at the end there on $800k playing in reggies, now that was tough to watch ..
Eastwood wasn't on $800k a season, that was the result of the back-ended payments thanks to Des-troyer.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood wasn't on $800k a season, that was the result of the back-ended payments thanks to Des-troyer.
That’s why it says Eastwood at the end there on $800k … meaning at the end of his contract ..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also Perrett was a slug. I hated him as a player.
Everyone here was ‘ohhhhhh Perrett yeahhh ohhhh’ I never understood it.
Slow and safe. Luke Covell without the kicking.
Proof you’re a novice and never played the game. Perrett’s runs from dummy half and out of danger along with his finishing ability were first class - he was underrated. He only slowed up in his final season with us, had decent speed prior.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also Perrett was a slug. I hated him as a player.
Everyone here was ‘ohhhhhh Perrett yeahhh ohhhh’ I never understood it.
Slow and safe. Luke Covell without the kicking.
This makes me question your ability and knowledge of the game.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sam Perret filled in for us at FB during some very trying times, he may not have superstar status but he was very reliable and always gave 100%, I saw him score and set up some wonderful try’s and I watched him save try’s that even better fullbacks would have let in.

Also on a personal note, he’s a true gentlemen, would give you the shirt off his back to help you out, if there were more Sam Perrett’s & less disrespectful Nasheed’s in the world, it would be a much nicer place ..
Well said

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I totally agree he is a true gentleman, I regarded him as a very good winger but a hot and cold fullback, you can't get away with that kind of form in first grade.
As stated before though, he was filling in at fullback... wing was his better position and he did very well there.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was the first person to suggest we have a look at him a year or so ago. I also saw massive potential in him. Can only hope he keeps improving. Good start so far imo
Had a shocking all stars and trial game, its so good to see him having a real crack in his first 3 games, and showing exactly what Ciraldo sees in him!!! Honestly cant fault him after 3 rounds.
Its official, best fb we have had in years.