Snakes

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See Burwood isn't too far from Homebush and Bicentennial Park and all the bush-land that was around prior to Olympic Park being built. I'm no expert but it wouldn't surprise me if that's had something to do with a minor snake migration. I mean if they found the mamma and papa that means they contained the family from spreading in that area. But yep, serpents usually migrate with their mates. That explains why there were so many.
Nah.

It turned out there was a bloke from regional NSW who would come and visit now and again. They surmised a mama and papa snuck onto the ute and made their home.

An absolute Godsend no one was ever injured. There are kids who live their and attend the local public school. I used to hear them playing near that spot all the time.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nah.

It turned out there was a bloke from regional NSW who would come and visit now and again. They surmised a mama and papa snuck onto the ute and made their home.

An absolute Godsend no one was ever injured. There are kids who live their and attend the local public school. I used to hear them playing near that spot all the time.
So the snakes snuck onto the ute then off when they arrived and while they were there they started breeding? Shit that could've been catastrophic if they didn't catch them all... there could've been an outbreak in Sydney - and Burwood is a pretty central location in this city!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fun fact; Anacondas are the only reptiles that dont lay eggs. They have live water births. Basically they swim along and squeeze out lil Anacondas that later become big motherfuckers. Sometimes on a plane.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fun fact; Anacondas are the only reptiles that dont lay eggs. They have live water births. Basically they swim along and squeeze out lil Anacondas that later become big motherfuckers. Sometimes on a plane.
That's weird. I thought they laid their eggs in the water and that's where they hatch... I never knew that we live water births. I remember we had a reptile exhibition at our high school once 20+ years ago. The bloke got this anaconda out of one of those big bags they carry them in. Scared the living fuck out of me.

Interesting fact, some of the really big snakes have legs, but their legs are so small and useless, they are embedded within their body as these creatures have evolved. Eventually, these legs will disappear.

Google it ;)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And they seem to have a taste for Gonzo Wilson.

If only this scene was real the world could have been spared from his awful movies :tired:

anaconda-1997-movie-review-owen-wilson-killed-snake.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The only time you have to fear snakes is when they get on a plane.
Or if you’re working at star track express at Minchinbury which is right next to Ropes creek which is heavily infested with red bellies and eastern browns.

I worked there for a while and the long term employees told me when the fork lift picks up a pallet or skip to take one step back before you start unloading

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's weird. I thought they laid their eggs in the water and that's where they hatch... I never knew that we live water births. I remember we had a reptile exhibition at our high school once 20+ years ago. The bloke got this anaconda out of one of those big bags they carry them in. Scared the living fuck out of me.

Interesting fact, some of the really big snakes have legs, but their legs are so small and useless, they are embedded within their body as these creatures have evolved. Eventually, these legs will disappear.

Google it ;)
Lol thats funny shit. Their legs are like haslers coaching book. Useless. Lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hun

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So apparently snake season is upon us.

Walking the pooch yesterday around our area (with wifey) and a worker from a nearby subdivision that's been cleared ready for building goes "oi mate do you live around here".

I'm like "Yep we do".

He's like "just letting you know I saw 2 large Eastern Browns sunning themselves on the road right there earlier today".

We thanked him and them I'm like "fuck I hate snakes" to my wife.

They just scare the shit out of me, and I reckon I'd totally freeze in fear if I spotted one.

Going to have to be extra vigilant now around the area, but was doing some reading and apparently Sydney is set for large Red Bellied Black Snake and Eastern Brown numbers this year..

FAN-TASTIC!

That said apparently RBBS and EB snakes are actually shy and prefer to retreat than attack (given limited venom). Luckily too our dog wouldn't be interested in attacking them, she just loves sniffing things and hanging close to humans.

Still tis a concern.
Tis a bit left field but my wife is terrified of the one eyed trouser snake at the moment! Not sure why tho, he is full of venom but only dangerous when prevoked...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got tagged by a taipan two years ago doing a soil test on a banana farm it hit me on the calf through my jeans so I only got a small amount of venom but it still made crook for three days the weird thing was the strong smell of shit after it bit me............don’t know where that came from

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
82677B8D-C390-45BD-B5EE-C998CA39306C.jpeg
Check out this carpet python that’s lived in my mates banana pack house for a least five years he approx 12 to 14ft long can’t get an accurate measurement no one is game to grab the fucker lol

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got tagged by a taipan two years ago doing a soil test on a banana farm it hit me on the calf through my jeans so I only got a small amount of venom but it still made crook for three days the weird thing was the strong smell of shit after it bit me............don’t know where that came from
Get fucked, lucky man

bluedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saw a green snake squashed by a car exiting Bunnings castle hill Tuesday.