Smoking: I quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ive had champix...but kept smoking for the 1st 2 weeks of it and gave up...
i recently had my tonsils out and adnoids out...and couldnt smoke because of the pain in my throat...
im now healed...and having a couple a day...but not the 15-20 a day i was having...
but still smoking...i hate myself...and want to quit...so gona get back on the champix and actually finish it this time...
need to be a better role model for my 4month old...plus i am sick to death of pretty much having a shower at home everytime i have one..so im really only smoking at work now because im bored...fml!
Champix takes time, you don't just take one pill and stop smoking, it is a 3 month course, and you need to see it out

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congraultations to anyone who is able to quite. Cigarette manufacturers put the chemicals in for a good reason - to keep you hooked.

I was "lucky" in that I never smoked enough to make it too difficult to quit. Last cigarette I had was a few months ago (after a couple year of not having one). Firstly, I didn't enjoy it, which was good, and secondly, after 2 days, Mrs CroydonDog can home from being away for work and smelled on me (yes, I had showed and cleaned my teeth a few times in the meantime) - so I couldn't get away with it if I tried.

Like I said, I was never a daily smoker, but when i think back to from when we used to steal my mate's nanna's smokes when we were 13, I must have smoked thousands of them, costing a heap of money and doing damage to my long term health. I'm glad that smoking is no longer seen as cool to most, and is socially fairly unacceptable and unwelcome (as opposed to the early 90s when I first tried it).

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
definately getting back on it!
its the habit more than anything...when i had a sore throat for 2 weeks...i didnt have any cravings weirdly enough because i was so sick..could hardly eat or drink...lost about 8kg in a week!

for some stupid reason i started up again...and while its only 3 a day or so...its only a matter of time before im back to 20 a day and my wife kills me!

have tried e ciggies... doesnt do anything for me tbh...i love the taste of winnie golds 2 much

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fun fact #343 I can have cocaine or marijuana in my system and still receive a transplant but if there are any traces of nicotine, (even passive smoking levels) they will take me off the list.
Deadset? Lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Must show just how poisonous the crap in cigarettes is!
Still got to laugh how the governent allows the sale of cigarettes with so many negatives and absolutely no positives, yet they wanna deny the use of any form of cannabis lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still got to laugh how the governent allows the sale of cigarettes with so many negatives and absolutely no positives, yet they wanna deny the use of any form of cannabis lol.
I agree with you there.

There are all sorts of rumours as to why cannabis is illegal. AFAIK, it has been legal for most of modern history. If you google it, you will find articles written by pro-cannabis people giving all sorts of theories as to why its illegal.

I tried it a couple of times and felt sick, so realised it wasn't for me, but if we legalise it, and tax it, it would be a win win.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with you there.

There are all sorts of rumours as to why cannabis is illegal. AFAIK, it has been legal for most of modern history. If you google it, you will find articles written by pro-cannabis people giving all sorts of theories as to why its illegal.

I tried it a couple of times and felt sick, so realised it wasn't for me, but if we legalise it, and tax it, it would be a win win.
Look at the poor kids suffering from countless seizures a day, cannabis oil has done wonders for them and their parents. But hey, Australia would rather charge parents for going down this road lol.

No lie, i went through a period where i smoked it daily. I was still active, worked 5 days a week with my apprenticeship and was out and about almost all the time. Fast forward a few years and i no longer use it. I now suffer from anxiety and depression and all the doctors wanna do is waste my money on sessions and shitty prescription drugs lol.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
"It is okay for you to use an illegal drug but not a legal one, do you understand that sir?" Hahaha
I actually asked the doctor if she knew any dealers lol

On pot, a few doctors told me I should try it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fun fact #343 I can have cocaine or marijuana in my system and still receive a transplant but if there are any traces of nicotine, (even passive smoking levels) they will take me off the list.
alright. lets party

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time I quit I was pregnant. After loosing the baby I went back to it and never stopped. It was amazing how quickly it made me sick to even smell it. If my husband had one I'd make him shower before he kissed me. Now its more difficult because he still smokes and my whole family does. The next time I fall pregnant I will give it up for good. Mind you I've cut down from 1pk a day to 1pk a week.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
all these advertisements explaining how tough it is to quit is only there to enforce the idea that it is very hard to quit

they are meant to be anti smoking but i guarantee the smoking companies want those ads to stay, without the idea that smoking is addictive i think they will be as easy to quit as fast food

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Best way to put you of smoking: See someone die of lung cancer and take their last breath before you.

I don't do any drugs, nor smoke. Saw someone die of lung cancer as an early teen and that was enough of a warning. Drugs don't interest me (except the occassional beer).

I do admire people who are able to give up such an addictive substance though, it cannot be easy. A bloke I know has tried numerous times and always relapses because his flatmate smokes, and because of his job. Smoking gives him stress release, but I keep telling him he just needs to find another way to channel his stress release, and to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.