Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For someone that is really into his fitness and training, I smoke.

I've been smoking since I was 16 I'm now 32, I'd say on average 50 cigarettes per week, costing me on average $60.

Decided that enough was enough, I was running for the train as it was reaching the station the other day and my lungs left like they were both collapsing (I ran 40-50 meters) was totally fkd.

I went and got myself some Champix from my local GP, bloody this is fantastic! it essentially blocks out the cravings and urges to wanting to have a smoke. But with some side effect, everyone varies, I've been having crazy dreams which I totally don't mind. With these meds and some will power it has helped me quit.

Anyways, I've quit since 13th Feb smoke free.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't allowed to use champix or any other stop smoking aide. Had to stop cold turkey. Didnt know how easy it would be. But I basically didn't have a choice, stop smoking or no transplant

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well done bro keep it up , thankfully I have never smoked so I wouldn't know about how hard it is to quite.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had a mate that tried Champix. Didnt work, nearly ended up in a mental institution though. That stuff sends you batsh*t crazy.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i smoked for about 6 yrs, stopped to help lose some weight, didn't really need the nicotine fix so it was pretty easy for myself

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a mate that tried Champix. Didnt work, nearly ended up in a mental institution though. That stuff sends you batsh*t crazy.
If you have a history of mental illness or even un-diagnose metal illness he shouldn't have been on them. There are a lot of restrictions, doctor has to call the state gov to get authority to prescribe you Champix so its very restrict and not that easy to get.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i smoked for about 6 yrs, stopped to help lose some weight, didn't really need the nicotine fix so it was pretty easy for myself
Thats really good, 6 years fomr now i hope I'm going to look back at this thread and say "Can't believe i use to smoke"

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As a Champix success story (7 years smoke free) well done, the best thing for me was the support of my wife, there were some challenges because of it, but 3 months of it, vs no more smoking = Worth it.

Crazy vivid dreams were a definite plus (I miss them)

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I quit on the 1/1/2012 having my last smoke at the count down to the new year - best smoke I've ever had in my life.

I was on about 80 - 100 smokes a week and after many attempts have finally had a pretty good run.

I find eucalyptus lollies help me, i on about 3 packs of them a week, but there a god send. They give me something to do with my mouth and the scent of eucalyptus goes down into my lungs alleviating cravings.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't smoke, but I think I want to try this Champix stuff.

p.s. well done Toneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a Champix success story (7 years smoke free) well done, the best thing for me was the support of my wife, there were some challenges because of it, but 3 months of it, vs no more smoking = Worth it.

man good on yah, i love hearing Champix success stories. Makes me really excited to look forward to a healthier life.

The dreams are crazy... but its awesome.

I don't smoke, but I think I want to try this Champix stuff.

p.s. well done Toneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
haha thanks moe... i swear the dreams are like the best part of it, pretty trippy though.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
man good on yah, i love hearing Champix success stories. Makes me really excited to look forward to a healthier life.

The dreams are crazy... but its awesome.
I remember the moment I realised the Champix was working, I lived @ Hornsby at the time and the Missus still lived in Newcastle, so one Friday night I drove up to spend the weekend up there, now usually I would have 3 cigarettes before I hit the freeway, I got all the way up to the Central Coast when I realised I had not had one cigarette the whole trip

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
good i hate ****ing smokers

since getting a dog i didn't realize how many ciggie butts are on the ground

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Thats the part my mate was telling me about. Crazy dreams.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I gave up cold turkey about 12 years ago id say. Best thing ever. I cant stand people smoking around me anymore, not because I feel like one. Just plain stinks.

Its a mind thing, good luck with it.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
ive had champix...but kept smoking for the 1st 2 weeks of it and gave up...
i recently had my tonsils out and adnoids out...and couldnt smoke because of the pain in my throat...
im now healed...and having a couple a day...but not the 15-20 a day i was having...
but still smoking...i hate myself...and want to quit...so gona get back on the champix and actually finish it this time...
need to be a better role model for my 4month old...plus i am sick to death of pretty much having a shower at home everytime i have one..so im really only smoking at work now because im bored...fml!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fun fact #343 I can have cocaine or marijuana in my system and still receive a transplant but if there are any traces of nicotine, (even passive smoking levels) they will take me off the list.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recently had my tonsils out and adnoids out...and couldnt smoke because of the pain in my throat...
im now healed...and having a couple a day...but not the 15-20 a day i was having...
but still smoking...i hate myself...and want to quit...so gona get back on the champix and actually finish it this time...
need to be a better role model for my 4month old...plus i am sick to death of pretty much having a shower at home everytime i have one..so im really only smoking at work now because im bored...fml!
Think about an e cigarette with no or little nicotine in it, they're pretty good and the flavors are amazing.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
quit man quit.

I use to smoke at home and at work freely, but now i've broken those habits in the space of weeks, with the help of champix and some willpower.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fun fact #343 I can have cocaine or marijuana in my system and still receive a transplant but if there are any traces of nicotine, (even passive smoking levels) they will take me off the list.
Shall i get a bag????

Status
Not open for further replies.