Smoking: I quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fun fact #343 I can have cocaine or marijuana in my system and still receive a transplant but if there are any traces of nicotine, (even passive smoking levels) they will take me off the list.
Yes, I got that speil as well, but I also got an admission, that they have no way of checking and there are no stats one way or the other that proves beyond doubt that it makes any difference. The reason they put the no smoking rule in for transplants is about the pressure it places on the heart. So when you think about it, it shouldn't apply to you when you get a new one!!. I tried champix and I was back in the 70's LOL. What a trip that was!!. I found the nicorette spray helped the most, but at the end of the day, you just have to be serious about doing it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes, I got that speil as well, but I also got an admission, that they have no way of checking and there are no stats one way or the other that proves beyond doubt that it makes any difference. The reason they put the no smoking rule in for transplants is about the pressure it places on the heart. So when you think about it, it shouldn't apply to you when you get a new one!!. I tried champix and I was back in the 70's LOL. What a trip that was!!. I found the nicorette spray helped the most, but at the end of the day, you just have to be serious about doing it.
That's why I stopped cold turkey. Either quit or don't get a heart.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Congrats Tonee on giving up the Ciggies.

I myself am another Champix success story. Have not had a Ciggie for 6 years and still don't miss it.

My Campix secret to not having as many side effects is to have a tablet with a meal.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats Tonee on giving up the Ciggies.

I myself am another Champix success story. Have not had a Ciggie for 6 years and still don't miss it.

My Campix secret to not having as many side effects is to have a tablet with a meal.
Thank you

Tbh I haven't had many side effects at all besides crazy dreams and from 8 hours sleep to 6.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Thank you

Tbh I haven't had many side effects at all besides crazy dreams and from 8 hours sleep to 6.
From the moment I had my first Ciggie after taking the first tablet, that ciggie just tasted gross. I was going through a packet of Longbeach 20's at the same rate (or even slower) than I normally would go through a pack of Longbeach 40's.

Also, anyone else who is considering giving the Cigarettes away, I strongly suggest you take up the adult coloring in craze - I credit that for my initial success (although I had a kids coloring in book at the time). Family support was also another thing that got me through and still does 6 years later.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question to those who have kicked the habit, I quit cold turkey about two months ago after being a smoker for 13 years, i feel fine and don't have any nicotine cravings but lately been experiencing bouts of depression. Is that normal? even after 2 months of quitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.