Smith playing one in..

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We always knew he could get more involved and this switch should enable him to do just that.

But the question is will he see more space as a centre? Or will his speed be under utilised. He won’t have that opportunity to run down the sideline anymore

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morgan Harper has to be there in front of okunbur. Keep smith on el wing
Harper is a decent fill in at best... Would be more than happy to dump Holland for Morgan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We always knew he could get more involved and this switch should enable him to do just that.

But the question is will he see more space as a centre? Or will his speed be under utilised. He won’t have that opportunity to run down the sideline anymore
He's defenitely better running onto the ball and is more of a swerver than stepper if that makes sense.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If anything he'll receive offloads of the edge forwards, run onto face balls and cut out passes into holes and be the closer to any breaks through the middle of the field.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t mind it
We need to change a few things up

He will need to quickly adjust to more defensive workload (and positioning) granted he played centre in juniors but that’s a chalk and cheese comparison

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still not overly keen on this, wingers could be crucial next season and we're moving our best one away from there. Still think his skillset is way more suited to wing than centre, would've been good if he got a proper run their last season though.
He may also turn out to be an even better centre then winger.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm more then ok with this move. Especially if it is what he really wants anyway. I'm also keen to have okunbour punching holes through the defensive line on kick returns.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. DWZ (winger with a fullbacks dream)
2. Meaney (fullback making a fist of wing)
3. Hopoate (solid centre)
4. Smith (winger with a centres dream)
5. Okunbur (winger with poor handling)
Doesn't leave me very excited but who knows what will happen

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still not overly keen on this, wingers could be crucial next season and we're moving our best one away from there. Still think his skillset is way more suited to wing than centre, would've been good if he got a proper run their last season though.
We are backing ourselves into a corner... We don't have alot of top shelf wingers at our disposal, infact Smith is our only one. Couple that with an abundance of great young centres coming through when Smith and Hoppa are quiet young aswell... Makes zero sense to move him imo

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was a silky smooth pass from Smith to Holland who wrapped around to the outside and scored. If that is an example of what he is capable of then I am looking forward to the experiment. I like his attitude too.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Smith get a go in the centres. It means Harper can get some more time in NSW Cup and we don't have to go back to Holland or Montoya.

I haven't noticed much of Reimis's front on defence though. He got beaten by an overlap a fair bit on the wing, often because of poor decisions inside him to be fair, but I don't know how he'll go with the defence he's gonna be doing at centre. Still, well worth a crack and I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes. The halves being able to give him clean ball in space is the biggest worry.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
at least he can run fast is all i can say lmao

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Makes sense to avoid playing Montoya or Holland in the centres. This is what I would of done. We still need to recruit two backs that are going to make a difference - unless we have someone decent coming through. Meaney and Okunbor will have their chance this year to impress.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If his natural position is centre, makes you wonder why he wasn’t there last year...not like there was anyone better.