SMH Article

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah ditto, great read.

Memories of Barba 2012 will be with me for a very long time. I've never seen a player score so many long range tries. It got to a point that you knew he was a chance every time he got the ball with some space to move that he would run around the entire other team. Best solo year ever!

I remember that one he regathered in our in-goal and ran the whole field and scored, 110m try they put it down as. May have been against the Bronco's, not sure? I remember pausing it and calling my ex into the room to show her! I remember Barba in the sheds when we were signing the winning song and him dancing and all the boys enjoying the experience they were creating.

Him leaving and the way he did ripped my heart out. The talk of him bashing his missus friend back then and then the wheels falling off the team and club which has lasted until now. I don't consider us back yet, time will tell if we are.

Coincidentally the demise of the club seemed to match (time wise) the toughest part of my life in my relationship breakdown and losing 24/7 with my kids.

I remember the day of the GF against the Storm my ex-mate who was part of the reason for my split (no imagination required as to why) decided to call me and wish me luck for the game. I told him to go fuk himself and never call me again (he has kept that although I did block him). That day we got smashed by the storm, never in it. A mate that I was watching the game with at the pub (both blind) is a massive Manly fan started at me with the whole you deserve everything you got for stealing our Coach line. I walked out of the pub just before I was going to smash the fuk out of him. I walked 8km home in pure anger and on my way I took off my Dogs old school emblem shirt off and threw it over a bridge into the creek. To me the day summed up my life at that point.

2 days later I drove back to the creek and got my shirt lol.

Only now have I felt myself coming out of a decade long wilderness.

Sorry for the rant but this article triggered the lowest point in my life memories + a couple good ones. The life of a Dogs fan the last decade has been tough. Let's hope we're heading in the right direction now. Good to read some behind the scenes stuff to explain what was happening.

Go Dogs!
Im pretty sure that try was against the storm.
I was at the pub watching that gf too and I had my bulldogs flag as a cape. Copped it big time, and I was shattered!!!!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i always said i though Franky Pritchard was moved on for standing up to Des, if anyone in the team was going to voice players concerns it would have been him... that's why he was released with a year left to run i believe

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Missed a masive opportunity for that 2012 gf.
2014 we were allways up against it.
Yeah, had the NRL not conspired against us that was our year!

That was the first year I think the NRL was starting to influence the outcome of who they wanted to win.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any chance we can get Fwit Dessy to chat to HMAS Knockonbur?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What rise been in demise for 20 years

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What i take from the read is we now need a Bellamy style coach of which there is only 1, Bellamy. Heck i would even Trent Robinson. Barrett is not feared. Not sure if he is respected.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any chance we can get Fwit Dessy to chat to HMAS Knockonbur?
He’d probably tell him he is the best winger in the Comp because when he rolls the ball back to the hooker it rotates 2.5 times and give him a 850k contract :(

We had the team to win. Hasler fucked it up :(

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Age can be a good thing and a shit thing. But I say this to all supporters (from the heart) not old enough to remember the feeling as a supporter we enjoyed from 1979-2004.

We were the Storm and Roosters rolled into one. Over a 25 year period we were in grand finals 10 times and won 6 of them. It was great being hated by other supporters although many begrudgingly admired our club. Teams feared playing us, we were the Dogs of War.

We needed a leader to come back and steer the ship, someone with love for the club and more importantly with a love of success. Gus is back and it will happen.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've sat here for almost a decade without alot of this information, direct from the sources and pieced together. It provides next level insight into the struggles we've had, why some decisions we didn't agree with were made, and perhaps who is responsible for the problems we've faced. It also shows how important a coach is, the right coach - at the right time, and how their style/approach can be incredibly powerful but can be as equally destructive once the shelf life runs out.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray dib copt a lot towards the end of his time but I truly believe he wasn't the issue. Castle and Hasler are to blame for a lot of this mess. I think if the dogs landed Moses and Tedesco dogs things would of been a lot different.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ray dib copt a lot towards the end of his time but I truly believe he wasn't the issue. Castle and Hasler are to blame for a lot of this mess. I think if the dogs landed Moses and Tedesco dogs things would of been a lot different.
Teddy yes, fuck Moses.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end it was pretty obvious Hasler had lost the dressing room. Gee imagine if we had of got both Foran (then) and Tedesco. We probably would have won a comp or 2.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Forgot all about Kris Keating