Skills training videos

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the skills training videos on the bulldogs website. Steve James is our skills coach. ive played alot of sport over the years and also coached teams. Seems he is over complicating simple processes. Dean pay brought him in to up skill our players which was somewhat needed. but to be honest if your playing grade football and need to trained on how to catch pass or run you arent going to make it. Putting too much information in a players head while he is going to pass could be why our attack is so slow. Nothing beats a natural footballer which at the moment, the player closest to that is Averillo.... Players need some skill training of course but not to the extent this guy is trying to go too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dean Britt must have a lot of sickies when its skills training day.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Training drills should all be about intensity and completing sessions based on trying to recreate game situations. Throwing the ball flat footed against the wall is just stupid. They took those drill out of the play NRL for dummies book

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need basic skill training, Pay brings that hard edge to his coaching and that winning mentality but we need some finesse off the back of that.

Malla

Reaction score
Absolute fucking shit. I seen some videos on facebook of this flog.

You need to practice skills when you are fatigued and tired not trying to catch a ball with one hand lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well we have no skills so must be good videos?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched a few minutes of the passing from dummy half video, couldn't believe this guy is getting paid by the club.

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems to me like skills training is non existent.!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I had a massive laugh when I saw these videos, some of the stuff looked absolutely ridiculous to me and appears to me that the club is throwing away money paying this guy. This is probably just a very small portion of the training but still..

Anwyway I haven't coached league or even played it so could be wrong... @maroondog72 do you train your boys with tennis balls? :tearsofjoy:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reimis Smith is incapable of catching and releasing the ball to his winger in the same movement which is an important skill for a modern day first grade centre to have ... Needs to sit down with Hoppa who I've never seen mess up...best hands in the game.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the time he was appointed I thought it was a good idea, as we were clearly inferior in our skills. It made sense, identify a weakness and put a plan in place to improve it. However, whatever he’s doing isn’t working as I think most of our players skills are regressing. He, along with whoever is our attacking and halves coaches should be shown the door

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis Smith is incapable of catching and releasing the ball to his winger in the same movement which is an important skill for a modern day first grade centre to have ... Needs to sit down with Hoppa who I've never seen mess up...best hands in the game.
Hoppa can teach Reimis how to catch and pass and maybe Reimis could teach Hoppa how to run faster, seriously we are so far off the standard of players required to compete with the better sides it’s depressing

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is picking up the pieces during a difficult time, we have some key senior men in the club whom are all working hard for success, do we give Pay more time?

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched a few minutes of the passing from dummy half video, couldn't believe this guy is getting paid by the club.
imagine new recruits coming in....Ok stand facing the wall and catch the ball hahaha

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
imagine new recruits coming in....Ok stand facing the wall and catch the ball hahaha
'JMK, your chin didn't touch your bicep on that pass, go and do a lap of the oval'

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pay doesn't know what skills are.