Opinion Six again rule was brought in to control results

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
our 1 was in the 77th minute as well
Just re-watched the game. There were quite a few more opportunities for the ref to penalise Cowboys :grinning: some were glaring hold downs and interference. How Fox lost that Capts Challenge is a mystery. Can see hand on jatz crackers as JAC claimed and another hand pushing at the (steeden) ball to dislodge it. Yet bunker says no.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I always thought the 6 again rule was odd.. but it makes sense now.. it’s so easy for the ref to control the swing of the match.. perfect example today against cowboys.. they were constantly piggybacked up the field
It would just be a penalty instead of a 6 again. If anything the referees have too much lenience with giving them away because they're scared of fans looking at the total amount and saying there's too many. The ruck/offside crackdown years ago was perfect and all the fans cried and they reversed it. Now the ref picks and chooses.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about an idea I've heard floated a while ago, and I think it might well save the game.

Since the implementation of the 10 meter defensive rule, the game has been ruled and won by teams who control the speed of the ruck & the play the ball best.
Controlling the play the ball means defending teams have more time to get their players on side & their defensive line set for a stronger & better prepared defence.

IMO, if the game went back to the 5m defensive line rule & called held alot quicker, there would be no need for players to slow down the ruck for as long as their players would get back on side quicker.

Sounds simple but there was nothing wrong with the game in the old days under the 5m rule.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to go back to the on field referee signaling 6 again as was previously the case.

That bloody bell annoys the crap out of me.

I'm sure they've left one in the coaches box for Bellamy at Storm home games, fuck they get a lot of repeat sets when they get the ball.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just tell the refs to call held asap contact is effectively been stopped. It's truly crazy atm how long guys can grapple, dance around and stop, turn their backs. be wrapped up, get pushed a bit more by team mates and FINALLY the ref calls held. This also varies with their "interpretations" and team on top.

Refs to just call held in a sensible fashion with a decent feel for the game....and NRL let fans know the refs are accountable so we can feel confident results, 50/50's are not being rorted.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2nd playing 12th. The talent between the two teams was on display. Nonetheless, the Dogs put on a brave display against a bigger, faster side, that dominated field position.
The cowboys are another team that’s full of rep stars. I struggle to see how they manage to fit them all into their salary cap.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if fans of the teams that are a class above us constantly winge and sook about officiating on their forums.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if fans of the teams that are a class above us constantly winge and sook about officiating on their forums.
Dogs fans reckon those clubs are the recipients of the majority of the good calls so probably not as much sooking ;)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Like this rule or not, one thing is for sure... the NRL surely know how to continuously FUCK UP the game of rugby league.

If they want to know why viewership and attendances are down, they need to look at one thing first... themselves in the mirror.

There's only one thing wrong with this though. When the NRL look at themselves in the mirror, this is what they see:

1659999106922.png

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cowboys are another team that’s full of rep stars. I struggle to see how they manage to fit them all into their salary cap.

Full of Rep stars? They have 4 or 5 and some have only just started their representative careers.

I feel they’re a team that has gelled well together and have a LOT of size in their pack and bench.

They could make the GF as they’re a very solid team but can’t see them winning the premiership. Panthers deserved favourites and the team to beat. South’s there biggest threat IF Latrell stays fit and free of suspension. Storm are still dangerous as well.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs fans reckon those clubs are the recipients of the majority of the good calls so probably not as much sooking ;)
Ive done my fare share of winging in general about the rules and the game changing:yum:
We will be a force again and there will be less of it Im sure.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just tell the refs to call held asap contact is effectively been stopped. It's truly crazy atm how long guys can grapple, dance around and stop, turn their backs. be wrapped up, get pushed a bit more by team mates and FINALLY the ref calls held. This also varies with their "interpretations" and team on top.

Refs to just call held in a sensible fashion with a decent feel for the game....and NRL let fans know the refs are accountable so we can feel confident results, 50/50's are not being rorted.
I agree with this. The game started getting too complicated when dominant tackles, surrender tackles etc started becoming common vernacular for ref's. With that came the wrestle and all the variations on WWE we see in each tackle.
Just simplify it and call held and release once the momentum in the tackle is finished.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always thought the 6 again rule was odd.. but it makes sense now.. it’s so easy for the ref to control the swing of the match.. perfect example today against cowboys.. they were constantly piggybacked up the field
It's a way for the officialdom to control the momentum of games with no need to justify themselves.