Opinion Six again rule was brought in to control results

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always thought the 6 again rule was odd.. but it makes sense now.. it’s so easy for the ref to control the swing of the match.. perfect example today against cowboys.. they were constantly piggybacked up the field

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All right Alzz, we get it.. You need an Alzz ref conspiracy superthread..

I've always hated the six again rule. Today was another example why. But enough of these threads already..
I’m not too keen on the six again either but don’t believe in any conspiracy.
We just need to play better and take the refs out of the game.
By the way Adam Gee is a big dogs supporter so would hardly think he’d intentionally try to stuff us up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not too keen on the six again either but don’t believe in any conspiracy.
We just need to play better and take the refs out of the game.
By the way Adam Gee is a big dogs supporter so would hardly think he’d intentionally try to stuff us up.
I don't think there's a conspiracy either. But it gives refs way more influence over a game than ever and they generally tend to favour the favourite, home team or whichever team has momentum way too much. They need to get rid of six agains and revert back to penalties for everything. Either way, the better team won..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there's a conspiracy either. But it gives refs way more influence over a game than ever and they generally tend to favour the favourite, home team or whichever team has momentum way too much. They need to get rid of six agains and revert back to penalties for everything. Either way, the better team won..
Spot on mate the better team did win today no question about it.
No doubt mistakes are made throughout the season which every team has to face unfortunately.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ref must have thought today was a Cowboys home game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on mate the better team did win today no question about it.
No doubt mistakes are made throughout the season which every team has to face unfortunately.
2nd playing 12th. The talent between the two teams was on display. Nonetheless, the Dogs put on a brave display against a bigger, faster side, that dominated field position.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd playing 12th. The talent between the two teams was on display. Nonetheless, the Dogs put on a brave display against a bigger, faster side, that dominated field position.
How can anyone be disappointed after the start we had this season.
This team has had a fantastic back end and actually started playing footy which was great to watch.
We have unearthed some talent that will be even better next season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
watch afl its better than this shit
They've engineered plenty of premierships this century. Manipulation of the salary cap helped some teams & father & son rule helped Geelong but now other teams don't get the benefit. Pretty much only Hawthorn's were not manipulated. (& I hate Hawthorn)