News Silence is deafening: Dogs coach urges club board to make a call on his future

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of my close mates spoke to a former coach of ours 2 nights ago, and that person himself said this current board is very toxic... nothing nice to say about them...
Could be something, could be nothing at all. Just sharing what i heard.
Mate. They are snakes. I can not say ot enough of this forum. They are turning friends against them. Ripping people off left right and centre.

They have raped the football club for the funds of the leagues club. They have NO community ties. They have no business knowledge. They are poison. We will not move forward as a club with them in power.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok. It’s ok if they are the best people for those jobs but it’s looking more and more like they are definitely not.
The place is riddled with Anderson and Hill cronies,Some employed as favours for past deeds.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay will be offered to stay on as an assistant coaching role, so the club isn’t seen as throwing him to the wolves although I doubt he’ll take it
Dont be surprised to see Walters coaching us next year as long as he can keep his origin job
Is that mail or is that your opinion?
Barrett would be better than Walters (I think). Looking at the Broncos last night, they were VERY bad. I'll be surprised iF Seibold lasts the year so I think Walters will end up at the Broncos.
Personally I'd go for Wane so I don't know why Walters and Barrett are the 2 front runners

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m in the sack pay corner 100% and the board need to start making decisions and tough ones...... but do we win last night and maybe a couple more gams with CHN, Hopoate, Stimson and Okunbor ?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m in the sack pay corner 100% and the board need to start making decisions and tough ones...... but do we win last night and maybe a couple more gams with CHN, Hopoate, Stimson and Okunbor ?
Well at a minimum that would depend on selections and who plays where.
I dont believe Okunbur would have ever come good.
None of it really matters.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if they had Fifita and Staggs it would have been a slaughter .

Everyone has injuries . If all teams were fully fit we would still be running last

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fact Pay has publicly pleaded with the board to make a decision means the communication top down is non existent which confirms what we all know (most of us)
Governance and leadership (lack thereof) is atrocious

Amateur hour at the tent show

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact Pay has publicly pleaded with the board to make a decision means the communication top down is non existent which confirms what we all know (most of us)
Governance and leadership (lack thereof) is atrocious

Amateur hour at the tent show
Pays comments were the most disturbing thing of all and it did make me feel slightly sorry for the bloke because even if he is not up to the job, allowing him to wear all the shit is bloody unacceptable..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what pisses me off is the club doesnt even see the passion in the fans and how the fake team that goes out wearing the blue and white is a joke and a laughing stock and it is slowly pushing us away from loving this once proud club. Does the coach and the board watch the same game or do this watch highlights from the 80's?
every fan can see these points:
  • DWZ is not a fullback
  • Smith is not a centre
  • Crighton is not up to first grade
  • Jackson is playing hurt
  • Napa is taking the piss
  • we dont have a hooker
  • we cant attack
  • we dont have a game plan
For fuck sake that is the worst back 5 players in the history of the club. Drop them all or play them in their right positions, how many teams just pass the ball out wide because they know our centres and wingers are going to be caught out .

yes I agree we dont have the cattle, yes I want the boys to win, yes the coach has to take the blame. Its crazy we are at rock bottom.

Panthers are playing well , so they can blood a 19 year old winger and he scores 4 tries on debut. Yes easy to score when you have a good structure and a good pack of forwards who make metres. But we are scared to blood rookies. The season is long one and we will possibly not win another game.

I am no coach but this is what I would do, just an opinion and I cant see the point in trotting out the same team every week

• Meaney to fullback
  • DWZ on wing
  • Smith on wing
  • Averillo in centre
  • Drop Napa completely, piss the lazy f off
  • Give Topine a run in starting team
  • put Doorey on the bench ( what can we lose)
  • in attack put someone with some speed and hands at dummy half

Easy to coach from the sideline, but also are the players hearts really in it? Make the descsion on the coach for next year this week and start the rebuild. this is not a rebuild we are sinking
Totally agree

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what pisses me off is the club doesnt even see the passion in the fans and how the fake team that goes out wearing the blue and white is a joke and a laughing stock and it is slowly pushing us away from loving this once proud club. Does the coach and the board watch the same game or do this watch highlights from the 80's?
every fan can see these points:
  • DWZ is not a fullback
  • Smith is not a centre
  • Crighton is not up to first grade
  • Jackson is playing hurt
  • Napa is taking the piss
  • we dont have a hooker
  • we cant attack
  • we dont have a game plan
For fuck sake that is the worst back 5 players in the history of the club. Drop them all or play them in their right positions, how many teams just pass the ball out wide because they know our centres and wingers are going to be caught out .

yes I agree we dont have the cattle, yes I want the boys to win, yes the coach has to take the blame. Its crazy we are at rock bottom.

Panthers are playing well , so they can blood a 19 year old winger and he scores 4 tries on debut. Yes easy to score when you have a good structure and a good pack of forwards who make metres. But we are scared to blood rookies. The season is long one and we will possibly not win another game.

I am no coach but this is what I would do, just an opinion and I cant see the point in trotting out the same team every week

• Meaney to fullback
  • DWZ on wing
  • Smith on wing
  • Averillo in centre
  • Drop Napa completely, piss the lazy f off
  • Give Topine a run in starting team
  • put Doorey on the bench ( what can we lose)
  • in attack put someone with some speed and hands at dummy half

Easy to coach from the sideline, but also are the players hearts really in it? Make the descsion on the coach for next year this week and start the rebuild. this is not a rebuild we are sinking
Just read this. Excellent post mate and probably sums up most Bulldog supporters feelings.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it's not K Moore, C Anderson, nor S Folkes for obvious reasons. Its only either the Wok, Gus, or Clift.
One of my close mates spoke to a former coach of ours 2 nights ago, and that person himself said this current board is very toxic... nothing nice to say about them...
Could be something, could be nothing at all. Just sharing what i heard.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well it's not K Moore, C Anderson, nor S Folkes for obvious reasons. Its only either the Wok, Gus, or Clift.
Nice work with trying to figure it out... on the right track though.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pays comments were the most disturbing thing of all and it did make me feel slightly sorry for the bloke because even if he is not up to the job, allowing him to wear all the shit is bloody unacceptable..
Exactly, coaching ability I think he is the wrong fit
But he’s a man trying to provide for his family and I read somewhere he is the only coach in the comp only getting paid 65% of his salary

And he has to face the media every week /twice a week

Just weak leadership from the board

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet they will resign him for 2 more years