News Silence is deafening: Dogs coach urges club board to make a call on his future

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Georgallis would be a catastrophe. Like Joe Biden winning the election.
Catastrophe is what we are now... What do we have to lose? I cannot stand listening to Pays excuses every week, his interviews alone show he is way over his head and he has absolutely no idea! And all the Pay lovers should crawl back under their rocks and stay there if they even try to defend him on yesterday’s game.

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay is the scapegoat is this nightmare. The board have not allowed him access to this so called war chest to allow him to build a competitive team. Remembering that Thompson was initially recruited for 2021 with the board’s vision that he would likely be playing under different coach.

This aside, Pay is not the answer. With the recent recruiting results we quickly need someone who will attract players and at this time the only viable coach available is Kev Walters.

Regardless of who is the coach in 2021, the position of the current board is untenable. For an organisation to be successful you need good leaders who surround themselves with good people. Leaders can delegate lots of things but the two things they can’t delegate is responsibility and accountability. This board does not accept either.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree Anderson’s, Pay, Hill have to be the worst combination in Bulldogs history. Whoever replaces them will look like a genius.
Have we all forgotten the Dib, Castle, Hasler combination that got us into this mess in the first place?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have we all forgotten the Dib, Castle, Hasler combination that got us into this mess in the first place?
No one has forgotten. They were a disaster. Unfortunately we'll never forget the horrible job that Lynne, Chris, Hill and Pay have done either...

It's three years since they took over so they don't have anyone to blame but themselves for the current situation and they've run out of excuses.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Nash I got the same message last night. His body language tells the story. He is a man lost and devoid of ideas (thats if he had any). He actually did swear once that I saw. Doesnt tell me he cares to much. He should be filthy with whats happening. But he is not.
Nasheed here, I haven't seen Dean say this so can't gauge his body language.
But could it be that he's over it, wants out, is being killed by a thousand papercuts and just wants to collect his yearly salary and tune out this week?

If he really wanted to make it work he'd ask for time.

In some ways it's a smart move. If he's on The outer.... tell him now, he collects his money and has ample time to find work elsewhere. Rather than work like a dog for every cent then be out in his bum

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you get paid for sitting on the board or is it volunteer work?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No one has forgotten. They were a disaster. Unfortunately we'll never forget the horrible job that Lynne, Chris, Hill and Pay have done either...

It's three years since they took over so they don't have anyone to blame but themselves for the current situation and they've run out of excuses.
Agreed but no comparison to the 3 who still managed to absolutely destroy our club when they had a full salary cap, all sponsors on board and a stack of rep players

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There running last wtf your got no God dam right

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The silence or lack of meaningful information from our CEO/board is actually doing more damage to the club at present. Whether or not it’s their intention to lay low.
You’d hope there’s more than just one ace up their sleeves
The board faces the prospect of no membership renewals unless there is a real plan that the fans can understand, and measure the progress.

Enough of telling us what they think we want to hear. Come clean, and give us some facts -even if the honest admission is that we will collect the wooden spoon for the next three years, have no sponsors, no free to air coverage; but there is a deal with XXX coach, and these international players to come to the Dogs in 2024.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One of my close mates spoke to a former coach of ours 2 nights ago, and that person himself said this current board is very toxic... nothing nice to say about them...
Could be something, could be nothing at all. Just sharing what i heard.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One of my close mates spoke to a former coach of ours 2 nights ago, and that person himself said this current board is very toxic... nothing nice to say about them...
Could be something, could be nothing at all. Just sharing what i heard.
They are, but I'm sure their dickhead mates on here will try and tell us otherwise.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed but no comparison to the 3 who still managed to absolutely destroy our club when they had a full salary cap, all sponsors on board and a stack of rep players
What's done is done. We have to move forward and look to the future. The current mob have had ample time to clean up the mess but instead they've created a new one.

They need to be held accountable and more changes need to be made. The last regime had no idea but this regime isn't any better.

The club and it's fans deserve better after suffering through five horrible and painful seasons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So technically people should be working together for what’s best for the club and not for personal gain you would imagine.
Well that’s what should happen but power and egos get it the way and personal grudges stop what’s best for club from happening.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's done is done. We have to move forward and look to the future. The current mob have had ample time to clean up the mess but instead they've created a new one.

They need to be held accountable and more changes need to be made. The last regime had no idea but this regime isn't any better.

The club and it's fans deserve better after suffering through five horrible and painful seasons.
It will be 2030 and these ***** will still be blaming the previous board :tearsofjoy: