Signing the best young talent in our recruitment drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance. Already been reported that the Roosters are interested in him. They always have room for one more under their cap.

Knights also thinking about an approach as he played his junior footy there.
You are confusing him with Willie Mason. SBW came direct from Auckland to the Dogs.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
SBW did not simply walk out on his contract with us back in 2008, he made insinuations that the club had lied to him about his injuries (and in so doing, impugning Dr Hazard), that the club and in particular Folkes was racist in questioning his friendship with Anthony Mundine, and although walking out on an iron clad contract with us, that he felt honour bound to sign with the Roosters in 2013 on the basis of a hand shake deal only with Nick Politis

it must also be remembered that the Dogs let go of some very good/great players due to salary cap pressure and team opportunities (eg. Asotasi, O'Meley, Myles) during that period in no small part because the club was trying to hang on to the likes of SBW

and to all those commentators that lecture Dogs fans to just simply let the SBW drama go (eg. Matty Johns), go f*%# yourself
Truth be told folkes did questioned sbw on his friendship with mundine and also why he became muslim. Things a coach shouldn't really interfere with unless it was affecting his game which it wasnt. Folkes didn't approve either of the 2

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told folkes did questioned sbw on his friendship with mundine and also why he became muslim. Things a coach shouldn't really interfere with unless it was affecting his game which it wasnt. Folkes didn't approve either of the 2
i know that Folkes questioned both at the time but ask yourself this question --> are you necessarily racist if you are critical of Anthony Mundine?

it is also important to appreciate the effect Mundine has had on fellow players including Bulldogs players... for example, Solomon Haumono walks out on the Dogs to be with his girlfriend, Gabrielle Richens, leading Mundine to make a dash to London to bring Haumono back to Sydney... at the time, i thought to myself that Haumono and the Pleasure Machine did not look like a natural fit but when you saw how hot she was, you understood why a guy would drop everything to go and be with her

but it later emerges that it was all a ruse so that Haumono get released by the Dogs so that he can sign with Mundine's Dragons... from what i understand, the club knew what was the reason for the London adventure and so, didn't release Haumono but rather left him to rot in reserve grade

i also do not accept that the Mundine-Nasser influence did not impact on SBW and his interactions with the club... for example, why does SBW request an upgrade on his contract which had only been signed the year before? why does SBW not turn up to a crisis dinner with Greenberg to discuss concerns he has but sends Mundine and Nasser? does he sack the Orr brothers (who themselves were no angels) without Mundine's influence? does SBW take up boxing (just as have Quade Cooper, Haumono etc.) if not for Mundine's influence? how about negotiating a contract for weeks/months with Toulon only 6 months after your new, 5 year contract with the 'Dogs started?

it is amazing to me how malleable these players become around Mundine and such an influence would worry me

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pangai Jnr I feel we should make him a deal he can’t refuse, another one is I would sign Sonny Bill Williams to return to the club as a Marquee signing, Bulldogs need guys that are current stars or future 1’s
We all know what he did but he has walked the street of Belmore and we have to think about the future. No use dwelling on the past. He would give our forwards confidence and a good example. I remember in the past we signed experienced international second rowers like Bob McCarthy, Gary Stevens, Bruce McGuire to teach our young forward packs and it worked in those days. Could work again. Roosters players said how SBW inspired them - inspired them to a premiership even.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RL. is a very cut throat business, to say that their is extreme rivalevery between some clubs would be a gross under statement, it is about hatred, our club just does not have rival clubs, it has some mortal enemies in the RL world.
We lost all our ( so called young super stars) because our enemies got in their ear and slowly turned them against us. Our main enemies stem from the Rotters and through Gould, Polities and Nasser "Mundine's mentor" they have deliberately worked to turn our up and coming super stars away from our club.
Recently our club through Noad Dib Castles have tried to make our club look spotless, only to see us going downhill in all areas including head office.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Death, taxes and an SBW back to the Dogs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.