Signing the best young talent in our recruitment drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pangai Jnr I feel we should make him a deal he can’t refuse, another one is I would sign Sonny Bill Williams to return to the club as a Marquee signing, Bulldogs need guys that are current stars or future 1’s

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as uncle Nick is around, SBW will never come!

Reactions: DT

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Pangai Jnr I feel we should make him a deal he can’t refuse, another one is I would sign Sonny Bill Williams to return to the club as a Marquee signing, Bulldogs need guys that are current stars or future 1’s
SBW can suck my SCD.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW did not simply walk out on his contract with us back in 2008, he made insinuations that the club had lied to him about his injuries (and in so doing, impugning Dr Hazard), that the club and in particular Folkes was racist in questioning his friendship with Anthony Mundine, and although walking out on an iron clad contract with us, that he felt honour bound to sign with the Roosters in 2013 on the basis of a hand shake deal only with Nick Politis

it must also be remembered that the Dogs let go of some very good/great players due to salary cap pressure and team opportunities (eg. Asotasi, O'Meley, Myles) during that period in no small part because the club was trying to hang on to the likes of SBW

and to all those commentators that lecture Dogs fans to just simply let the SBW drama go (eg. Matty Johns), go f*%# yourself

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
SBW did not simply walk out on his contract with us back in 2008, he made insinuations that the club had lied to him about his injuries (and in so doing, impugning Dr Hazard), that the club and in particular Folkes was racist in questioning his friendship with Anthony Mundine, and although walking out on an iron clad contract with us, that he felt honour bound to sign with the Roosters in 2013 on the basis of a hand shake deal only with Nick Politis

it must also be remembered that the Dogs let go of some very good/great players due to salary cap pressure and team opportunities (eg. Asotasi, O'Meley, Myles) during that period in no small part because the club was trying to hang on to the likes of SBW

and to all those commentators that lecture Dogs fans to just simply let the SBW drama go (eg. Matty Johns), go f*%# yourself
That may be the case but what about pinching some of the great talent around the other clubs

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be the case but what about pinching some of the great talent around the other clubs
of course... just look at the approach of the club when it comes to the 2004 GF team... you had the likes of El Masri, Sherwin, Hughes and Utai that were local juniors, Asotasi, SBW, Mason, Harris, Thurston etc. that were identified early and brought to the club in their teens, the likes of O'Meley and Anasta recruited when their then clubs (Northern Eagles and Rabbitohs) became defunct or at least at the FG level, and some strategic poaching of the likes of Andrew Ryan and Willie Tonga from the Eels, Patten from the Dragons etc.

a true multi-faceted approach to the development of a FG side that seems to have been lost during the Hasler era IMO

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW will do nothing for our future.We need team players.He'll give you few months and leaves you with your dick in your hand.No thank you, one wank is enough, now's the time to go for that vigorous push.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can get on board with the thoughts about signing good youngsters. I've wanted the club to go back to doing that for years now. But as for signing Money Bill goes I'd rather we didn't field another team.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No chance. Already been reported that the Roosters are interested in him. They always have room for one more under their cap.

Knights also thinking about an approach as he played his junior footy there.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

No, that was what SBW used as justification for this. We all know that SBW was a big part in Willie Mason going. After Mason was released, SBW went to club and ask that he gets the spare cap space fro Mason topped-up to his contract. He was already on $500,000 a season. The club told him to go fuck himself. He spat the dummy and took the midnight express out.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It took me years to forgive Sonny for leaving us then he comes back to the nrl with the team I hate

Don’t know which hurt more him walking out or winning the championship with Roosters

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will never forgive him. He should have never been welcomed back to the game

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I fundamentally disagree with spending big money on bringing props to a club. Tualau is a beast in the making, To'omaga, Fualalo and Ogden have good upside. Save the money and focus on developing talent

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hannant did a similar thing... he signed on with us for the 2009 season and had a great first year... so much so that he then sought to have his contract upgraded... the club said no, and then the polar bear became homesick and sought a release to return to QLD

and on a side note, I resent the opportunistic homesickness these players suddenly become overcome with when an opportunity opens up for them at Bennett's fiefdom... "f*+# professionalism, I miss my mummy!"

as for SBW, it wasn't that his allegations against the club were true (and both Folkes and Hazard subsequently came out and denied them) but that he could not own up to his actions and money grab but rather sent that worm Weidler out onto TV on the Roast to make such serious, disparaging and unfounded allegations against senior members of our club

but come 2013, all was forgiven and everybody in the game fawned over him, the SBW thoughts played over actual game time, the "SBW... OMG!" advertising etc.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It’s a good thing SBW can play footy because if he had to make a living on his brains the bloke would be on Centrelink payments.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance. Already been reported that the Roosters are interested in him. They always have room for one more under their cap.

Knights also thinking about an approach as he played his junior footy there.
With a spine consisting of tabasco, keary, cronk and friend there is definately room for $bw!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.