SIGN CRONK...NOW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To all whom it may concern
We all know that Foran is injuries prone.
What if he sustains a long term injury in 2018 ???
Don't take the risk
SIGN CRONK...NOW
Tell the club...MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW !!!
email on info@bulldogs.com.au

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the poor bastard who looks at the emails at info@bulldogs.com.au, some of the shite they must get, lol.

Why do people assume Cronk would come to the club. He won an origin this year and is a very good chance to win another premiership. After that he's got a media job and could get coaching work at just about any Sydney club. Why would he ruin his reputation playing for a club going nowhere. He's smart enough to know he can't turn things around himself and with our stupid game plan.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love if he did come to the Dogs. He is a fantastic halfback.

Is he even going to run around again? Lap of honor for Queensland next season perhaps?

I just don't know. If he wins a premiership with Melbourne this season that may see him out on a high!

I agree with c-b-b above, what incentive does he have to come to Canterbury?

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With capital letters and an exclamation mark the club has now definately heard you

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the poor bastard who looks at the emails at info@bulldogs.com.au, some of the shite they must get, lol.

Why do people assume Cronk would come to the club. He won an origin this year and is a very good chance to win another premiership. After that he's got a media job and could get coaching work at just about any Sydney club. Why would he ruin his reputation playing for a club going nowhere. He's smart enough to know he can't turn things around himself and with our stupid game plan.
A point that is very hard to argue with!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think the club will be signing Cronk as a "just in case" measure for Foran..

Wish we had that much money and star pull..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Use the money to sign Cleary on a long term deal instead.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This is the point of signing him, to help get us back on track !

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Ok so lets assume he does play another season or two which isn't a guarantee but i personally think he will. We know he is moving to sydney so that rules out about half of the teams in the comp. A further breakdown of the possible teams he might go to based on who is in NEED of a half for next season rules out, Dragons, Tigers, Roosters, Eels, Sharks*, Panthers*, Souths* and the Eagles.

Now like the Bulldogs, there are a couple clubs that don't need a half for next season but could shuffle their squad around to accomodate him. That being the Sharks (Apparently keen to move on Maloney who wants more cash) Panthers (Currently have Clearly and Moylan though but unlikely to be a serious option) and Souths (Could move Cody Walker to accomodate him but again i doubt it. That said they will be looking at all their options given their terrible season)

The only other option is Newcastle who are probably unlikely given their location 3 hours out of Sydney....

So for me it's a no brainer. If the Dogs can pull together a descent amount of coin he will join us. He would look at our team on paper and see a lot of potential. The only other serious options for him are the Sharks if they punt Maloney and Souths if they throw all their chips in.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok so lets assume he does play another season or two which isn't a guarantee but i personally think he will. We know he is moving to sydney so that rules out about half of the teams in the comp. A further breakdown of the possible teams he might go to based on who is in NEED of a half for next season rules out, Dragons, Tigers, Roosters, Eels, Sharks*, Panthers*, Souths* and the Eagles.

Now like the Bulldogs, there are a couple clubs that don't need a half for next season but could shuffle their squad around to accomodate him. That being the Sharks (Apparently keen to move on Maloney who wants more cash) Panthers (Currently have Clearly and Moylan though but unlikely to be a serious option) and Souths (Could move Cody Walker to accomodate him but again i doubt it. That said they will be looking at all their options given their terrible season)

The only other option is Newcastle who are probably unlikely given their location 3 hours out of Sydney....

So for me it's a no brainer. If the Dogs can pull together a descent amount of coin he will join us. He would look at our team on paper and see a lot of potential. The only other serious options for him are the Sharks if they punt Maloney and Souths if they throw all their chips in.
No team needs a halfback more than us

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have Mbye, Woolford and Brown
Hopefully one of them rises to the required standard !

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No team needs a halfback more than us
I agree but we have Foran coming next season. Once he is fit - which he is not at the moment - he will be a great signing for us. I'm just trying to apply the same logic to our situation as a club as i am to all the other clubs. Someone looking at our club from the outside might not think we would be looking at signing a half as we have Mbye and Foran to play in the halves next season. Signing Cronk solves our hooker problem though and gives us a spine of Hopoate, Foran, Cronk and Mbye. Like i've said before if that means we have to let go of Tolman, Eastwood than so be it. Even if it means Graham as well I'd be all for it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure Cooper Cronk is just sitting by the phone wondering: "why aren't the Bulldogs calling me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.