Shutter Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martin Scorsese movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, looks good.

I gotta say Leo does pick awesome movies to make.

Gangs of NY
The Departed
Blood Diamond

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn good actor. Other movies of his i enjoyed

whats eating gilbert grape
Titanic
The Man in the Iron Mask
Catch me if you can
The Aviator
Body of Lies

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I watched it the other day. I must say, I was a little disappointed. The trailers make it look better than it is.

Not good enough to be a Scorsese film. In saying that, a good film, and worth the watch, but don't expect too much.

7.2/10

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I heard there is a 'twist' ending?

Then I went about guessing this ending, and theres only one possible scenario

I did the same with 6th sense, heard there was a surprise and guessed Bruce Willis was dead all along

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
It wasn't just the ending, which was a little disappointing. The movie dragged on too long to get to the point. It left plenty of people waiting for something to happen for an extended period. If anyone's referring to IMDB's rating, it's gone from 9.0 to 8.4 in 6 days. That's massive...It'll keep coming.

It's not a movie that'll make it to my DVD collection, and probably not one that I'd bother seeing again - if that helps.

Good acting & cast for the film, decent storyline, fitting soundtrack. As I said, worth a watch.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't just the ending, which was a little disappointing. The movie dragged on too long to get to the point. It left plenty of people waiting for something to happen for an extended period. If anyone's referring to IMDB's rating, it's gone from 9.0 to 8.4 in 6 days. That's massive...It'll keep coming.

It's not a movie that'll make it to my DVD collection, and probably not one that I'd bother seeing again - if that helps.

Good acting & cast for the film, decent storyline, fitting soundtrack. As I said, worth a watch.
Seriously - can I make love to you??

You said it perfectly lol

The film dragged on for way too long to get to the point - and the ending just makes you feel disappointed that you had to wait that long for it. There were things that don't really add up too. It just felt like a dumb kinda plot at the end of the day - unrealistic.

But yeah either way, it's watchable.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
if he dies again i will cry, hopefully gonna go watch this soon

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brilliant movie. Best I've seen in a while.

True about the twist, you know it's coming and try to pick it (not too hard), but in saying that it kept me guessing the whole time.

Makes you think the whole movie, there's pretty much something symbolic about everyscene or ties in with the story in some way.

Maybe I've been starved of movies that actually make you think, but I loved this.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
x2 very very interesting movie. I give it 8 cigars out of 10. Not Martin Scorsese 's best ever film, but its def watching. I'll def watch this movie again when it comes out on DVD. Leo never fails!

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep a good watch 7/10. Are you for real with the picking the ending? near impossible....I liked the ending it made you think and keeps you guessing after it ends.I had to google the movie and read the threads about the ending,there was some interesting threads about what was the truth.

**I still think scorses needs to go back to his roots and do some more mafia flicks**

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When i say pick the ending, i dont mean exactly everything, but yeh i could see it coming.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yep a good watch 7/10. Are you for real with the picking the ending? near impossible....I liked the ending it made you think and keeps you guessing after it ends.I had to google the movie and read the threads about the ending,there was some interesting threads about what was the truth.

**I still think scorses needs to go back to his roots and do some more mafia flicks**
i wasnt a 100% but i had a feeling something of that nature was true. All that **** he went through, youd have to be a robot not to be mad :p

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with slip, overall it was a good movie but it went on for too long and was slightly boring even at one hour in.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have only just watched this today...it's amazing how psychiatry HASN'T changed all that much. having said that, absolutely loved it

i'm also surprised by the amount of chlorpromazine that must've been used back in the 50's, i have never seen anyone detox from it!!! the 'pink champagne' is still the best drug we have :grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.