Shoulder charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gower's shoulder charge on Jackson went unremarked. Jackson was out for the rest of the game. Watching the replay, there is no doubt that Gower lines him up and deliberately leads with a shoulder to the head. Because Gower was in possession of the ball, apparently this is OK.

Had Jackson tackled him in a similar way, he would now be facing 3-4 weeks on the sideline. I don't get why a deliberately dangerous act is excused because a player has hold of the ball.

The biased Bulldog in me also says that if Reynolds had done the same whilst in possession we would be hearing more about it this morning.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson was the tackler, it was unfortunate, but what can you do. IMO Jackson needs to revisit his tackling style, he cops a lot of head knocks

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJ needs to change his style as does Reynolds

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Gower's shoulder charge on Jackson went unremarked. Jackson was out for the rest of the game. Watching the replay, there is no doubt that Gower lines him up and deliberately leads with a shoulder to the head. Because Gower was in possession of the ball, apparently this is OK.

Had Jackson tackled him in a similar way, he would now be facing 3-4 weeks on the sideline. I don't get why a deliberately dangerous act is excused because a player has hold of the ball.

The biased Bulldog in me also says that if Reynolds had done the same whilst in possession we would be hearing more about it this morning.
Honestly let's not start this crap. The emphasis is and always has been on the tackler to put his head in a good position to make the tackle. We've already seen the game made softer to appease the mothers club do we really want to go down this path too? It was an unfortunate incident but come on, he did nothing wrong. It just sucks because our player got hurt

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly let's not start this crap. The emphasis is and always has been on the tackler to put his head in a good position to make the tackle. We've already seen the game made softer to appease the mothers club do we really want to go down this path too? It was an unfortunate incident but come on, he did nothing wrong. It just sucks because our player got hurt
Fair call.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was fair game, if the ball carrier leads with the elbow than that's a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.