Opinion Should we throw 300k at James Roberts..or have injuries ruined him??

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Talk of Roberts being shopped around for 2021..
He is a centre and has plenty of speed..
Injury prone and ideally that is something we want to avoid,but would you have a crack at him for 2yrs at 300k a season..
He is probably worth more,but not with his injury history ..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why mate, is that a risk? No ROI? Bad press? Tell me what the phark have we got to lose?...he is the jet after all, we have a backline slower than a sensa.
No. Nein. Non. Nie. Nee. いいえ. Hayır. أبدا. Ne. नहीं.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why mate, is that a risk? No ROI? Bad press? Tell me what the phark have we got to lose?...he is the jet after all, we have a backline slower than a sensa.
Because he'll either do a Foran and be injured long term or a Barba smash someone while drunk and be suspended/sacked. More wasted $$$ down the toilet that can be spent on someone on the up rather than going downhill fast.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not obvious?

- Has issues. Brisbane knew it and Souths know it and given their predilection for cover ups, could blow up in our face.

- Injury prone.

That’s not enough?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the same reasons we didn't sign him 8 years ago?
It’s not obvious?

- Has issues. Brisbane knew it and Souths know it and given their predilection for cover ups, could blow up in our face.

- Injury prone.

That’s not enough?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be the fastest player we have ever had, other than Brett Dallas. Not sure.