Should we retain Dylan Napa?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Ok, ok ok I know what you are thinking after reading that title.

‘Here we go, another hair brained idea by that crazy leb Nasheed’,
But hear me out.

Napa has been widely criticised, and rightly so, for not living up to his 600+ large price tag.
No where near it.

However despite this, he is generally considered in our top 17 every week, top 3 in our props and does carry soem intimidation factor.

we also need soem prop depth. Min wage prop depth.

So my thinking is he doesn’t just go from our third best to outside our top 7 in quality overnight, and we are crying out for experience, but min wage, cap soft experience.
So would it be an astute guy if we threw him the minimum 120 for just a year?

To be honest Napa is kissing himself if that report saying he wants 300 is true, and that no ones taking him is no surprise.

However the second he eats humble pie, clubs are going to jump….
The way the sea eagles and Eels are jumping at Woods since he starting pumping himself out cheap.

The same thing will happen to Napa.

So do we just assist in helping him give a dose of reality pie and offering 120 for a year to prove himself year to year?
so what if he is only used after injury. I can think of worse.
despite his shortcomings he always busts his but for us so despite his lack of popularity in this forum…. Just maybe…

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At minimum wage I'd consider it a reasonable deal. But I doubt he'd accept it. Will be surprised if he doesn't get a decent offer from a super in league club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
At minimum wage I'd consider it a reasonable deal. But I doubt he'd accept it. Will be surprised if he doesn't get a decent offer from a super in league club.
Thing with super league is some players love it but some can’t bear the thought of moving country. Look at benji turning down 700k from Hull last year, for no alternative and was asking for 150

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also on the flip I think a lot of players would rather be the star centre at St. Helens for 200 grand a year than depth backup in the NRL for the same amount.
Pride and prestige thing.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you last two speaking out of emotions or logic?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well If we don’t retain Napa, and fair enough,
Who else besides Woods is out there that fits the mould of cheap experienced prop depth?