Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he could make a good one, played well last season when he started there.
If we're going to build our team around guys like Capewell then we aren't going to be challenging for the title. Matt Frawley had a few good games last season also.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Except his bung knees won't last if he has to make 20-30 tackles a game.
Wasn't it Oates's knee injury in 2014, playing 2nd row off the bench that forced him to play wing in 2015? He's protected on the wing and I don't think he's made many tackles per season since.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we're going to build our team around guys like Capewell then we aren't going to be challenging for the title. Matt Frawley had a few good games last season also.
We can't fill our entire side with out and out guns lol. Capewell is a player that has showed some promise and has the raw ability he can build on with some consistent game time. Kaufusi went from and ordinary bench prop playing fuck all minutes to a gun edge forward playing 80 all in a single off season.

And anway like i said, if we can get a swap with Sharks going this season then get it done. I'm not saying we make him our number 1 priority.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't it Oates's knee injury in 2014, playing 2nd row off the bench that forced him to play wing in 2015? He's protected on the wing and I don't think he's made many tackles per season since.
A bloke I know who is the brother of a Broncos player told me last year his knees are shot and they will never be good, to the extent he may only play a couple more years. That's why the club won't let him play in the forwards.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fk yes please.

Gillet on the right edge
Jacko to 13

Perfect!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So:
Korbin Sims and Tom Opacic.... would anyone take either of them?

Both off contract end of season currently with Broncos.

Ditto Jamayne Issako
Pengai Jnr also from the broncos would be a good pick up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope, we need to the Cowboys imo. Offer Ethan Lowe a decent contract as he covers the right edge, which we need to if Jackson is heading for Lock.
If we dont get him, hopefully we forced Cowboys to pay overs...Then enter 2019 and Hess is off contract along with Gela-Mosby, go hard for whoever they want to sign first. Given the cash we will have, there is no reason why we cant land one of those backrowers and a fast young superstar like Mosby.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Turns 30 in August, Broncos will only let him go if he's no longer any good.

Would prefer someone younger, as he's at tail end of his career. If Broncos don't want him he'd be better heading to ESL.

If anyone target Korbin Sims and Tom Opacic as both are available next season.

Sims into the lock role, Opacic to replace Hoppa.
I don't really rate Sims at all tbh. Opacic is pretty good prospect considering hes still very young.
Heading into 2019 im sold on these positions in the forwards though.
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Lowe
12. Mariner
13. Jackson

14. Brown / Woolford (I would throw J.Clark a contract for NSW cup. Souths don't want him and he could be great utility cover for hooker and backrow if we want to have 4 forwards on the bench)
15. Ah Mau
16. Fualalo / To'Omaga
17. Taulau / Ogden

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know this is off topic but he is a team of Gillett, did you guys know that Josh McGuire is blind in one eye.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, we need to the Cowboys imo. Offer Ethan Lowe a decent contract as he covers the right edge, which we need to if Jackson is heading for Lock.
If we dont get him, hopefully we forced Cowboys to pay overs...Then enter 2019 and Hess is off contract along with Gela-Mosby, go hard for whoever they want to sign first. Given the cash we will have, there is no reason why we cant land one of those backrowers and a fast young superstar like Mosby.
Thats a great idea lowe or hess yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.