Should we make a play for Josh Mansour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Off contract end of 2018.

- NSW Origin rep (missed 2017 due to injury)
- Australian rep
- Local boy (lives in Earlwood)
- Short trip to training
- Is Lebanese (automatically eligible)
- Rona certainly won't be coming back and B Moz might not be there

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Question should be how hard do we go after him.. 550k would get him to listen.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
10000000% sign him based on him having a good season this year

coming back from an ACL is tough and he did it pretty quickly so obviously wasnt at his best the 2nd half of the 2017 season

plus bmoz/jmoz wont be here, and hes better than any other numpties we have in our squad atm to play on the wing

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. Not saying he isn't a great player but i think having expensive wingers like him are more of a burden to a teams salary cap. As good as he can be, he isn't going to be have a significant impact on the result from the wing. I'd rather have guys like montoya who are probably better value for money.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way. Not saying he isn't a great player but i think having expensive wingers like him are more of a burden to a teams salary cap. As good as he can be, he isn't going to be have a significant impact on the result from the wing. I'd rather have guys like montoya who are probably better value for money.
Mansour is abit different because his first and second tackle hit ups off a kick are massive. He’s like a 6th running forward. I think you need atleast one world class winger these days.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
As good as he can be, he isn't going to be have a significant impact on the result from the wing
would be nice to have a winger that can take a hitup when our forwards are struggling
given they are not involved in the play as much as they are stuck out wide, but some plays like that are very important in the game and Mansour is arguably the best at doing that (pre knee injury ofcourse)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thin he's already 28 and injury prone and so not worth the investment, he's well into the back end of his career. His next contract will most likely be his last so he'll be after one last big pay day.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off contract end of 2018.

- NSW Origin rep (missed 2017 due to injury)
- Australian rep
- Local boy (lives in Earlwood)
- Short trip to training
- Is Lebanese (automatically eligible)
- Rona certainly won't be coming back and B Moz might not be there
Went to Holy Spirit Lakemba, but never really considered as good enough even for our junior development system & ws picked up by Souths via a family friend who managed his early contracts. He doesn’t hold the club in high regard as a result.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like Vunivalu and The Fox. Did nothing for Melbourne last season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thin he's already 28 and injury prone and so not worth the investment, he's well into the back end of his career. His next contract will most likely be his last so he'll be after one last big pay day.
Farrkkk he is 28.. Yeah I wouldn't go all out on him but his still a gun winger.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs express interest il guarentee you Politis will Guzump us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
would be nice to have a winger that can take a hitup when our forwards are struggling
given they are not involved in the play as much as they are stuck out wide, but some plays like that are very important in the game and Mansour is arguably the best at doing that (pre knee injury ofcourse)
We missed the boat on a great player in Kyle Feldt, should have had a crack earlier this year. Has an error in him, but would have been much better value for money than Mansour imo

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like Vunivalu and The Fox. Did nothing for Melbourne last season.
Addo carr wouldn't have been on huge money though which is what i'm saying. As good as both were their performances weren't the difference between winning and losing. I think it's a smarter play going for cheaper alternatives on the wing and using the extra money on a half or fullback who have more influence

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need out and out speedsters on our wing. A thanks but no thanks for me.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Addo carr wouldn't have been on huge money though which is what i'm saying. As good as both were their performances weren't the difference between winning and losing. I think it's a smarter play going for cheaper alternatives on the wing and using the extra money on a half or fullback who have more influence
Wingers can win games... Carr, Valu and Semi proved that last season but ur right u would rather spend the money elsewhere and grab a cheap alternative like Carr before his shares skyrocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.