Should we be worried about Barrett?

Number13

Management
Reaction score
In light of the recent level of substantial injuries to players thus far (perhaps) attributed by the "speed of the game" you will see the game slow down a couple of notches. At this rate of injuries to players, the speed of the game is not sustainable.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all. You said Barrett needs time allocated to build his own team.. at least three years like Pay and Des. Just pointing out Des played two gf’s in three years without the squad he built. Not saying it’s right or wrong just stating a fact.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Huh??? We played two grand finals in the first three years under Hasler. Did I miss something?
Yes I know but we are still paying the price with the mess he (Along with Castle and Dib) got us in with the mismanagement of our salary cap!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year was the last we could use that excuse. We had money to buy this year and should be business as usual in 2022 in the SC stakes. Any more fvckups is on the current watch.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last year was the last we could use that excuse. We had money to buy this year and should be business as usual in 2022 in the SC stakes. Any more fvckups is on the current watch.
But still playing catch up with junior development tho and ability to bring in good cheapies.

Take another 2-3? years for that to come to fruition.

But yeah All Dib/Des/Rae Fault is virtually at an end next year.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea thats one solution but constant sin bins vs the constant 6 again is probably worst and puts more pressure on team. Worst teams would be playing 12 more often than the good team. And there would be more stoppages, which is the opposite affect they were after.
Or teams can follow the rules and not wrestle lol that won't happen though

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or teams can follow the rules and not wrestle lol that won't happen though
Easy fix. Bring back the 5 minute sin bin for professional fouls in general play. Refs penalise them twice for wrestle etc and then start sending offenders for 5 minutes. That should stop the rot.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix. Bring back the 5 minute sin bin for professional fouls in general play. Refs penalise them twice for wrestle etc and then start sending offenders for 5 minutes. That should stop the rot.
Totally agree

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We must have 6-8 players out suspended or injured thats alot and definitely plays a part
I don’t like making excuses for our poor form so far this year but as you have pointed out the number of players out hasn’t helped at all.
We are talking about guys who would normally be in the starting squad.
Lets hope the second half of 2021 is slightly better.

BloodyDOGS

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is the one that continually picks the players though. There may not be alternatives but picking blokes like Katoa, Flanno, etc is a huge reason we are in this position
Yip its both of them for sure when they run out its cringe to watch them both. Let's see how the dogs go against the raiders magic round

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
definately the players, we got a bunch of clowns disguised as first graders out there

Real_Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
lol i was just saying perhaps we should have let him spend and look for a real coach, as for JAC an burton, i feel sorry for them coming to this trainwreck, also they wont get the same service like the stprm or the panthers atm, and maybe think about their careers, never seen us this bad in my life time
fair enough, I agree, but it gotta start somewhere. I like what we are doing under Barrett. Dean gave us more respect on the field, but we were going no where.

we actually have a plan for success under Barrett you will see.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope we aren't still using the Castle & Dib mismanagement in 20 years time.
Mate where going to here it in are graves, diiiiiiiib, caaaaaaastle, haaaaaaaasler, caaaaaaaaaap oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, talk about resting in piece, more like nightmares in piece lol

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
6,7,9 are our problem end of story. No vision worst kicking game ive ever seen, i see better at my local park. I don’t nt expect any improvement until 6, 7, 9 change.
Where got no go forward too mate