Opinion Should we ask for a exemption for Paul almoti

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti should train with the FG squad in the off season but he would be at least 2 years away from FG

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alamoti should train with the FG squad in the off season but he would be at least 2 years away from FG
he was in the off season just gone

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turns 18 in February, so there’s not much point. I’d rather he plays NSW cup for the rest of the year to get him ready for the NRL next year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
he really should be playing Jersey Flegg this year.
im sure he will once ball is finished as their regular season is almost finished, i think 2 or 3 rounds to go

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes a year younger or born a year later. They didnt ask for special permission for suaalii this time last year.
Theres no need to seek special clearance for alamoti next year since he will turn 18 early in the year.
Hes been getting special attention anyway. Included in off season training with senior squad etc.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no point rushing things and over exposing him too early. Many a young promising players careers have been ruined that way.

If he keeps tearing up juniors and does the same in Flegg, I'm sure by this time next year he'll be close to the FG squad.

People also need to remember it's easier for the Roosters to put Sualli in as they're a constant top 4 team that won't rely on him too heavily. We're a bottom 8 team with many holes, so it puts unnecessary pressure on a kid like Alamoti to be the saviour or produce straight away.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever he's just under 18 we should ask the question even if it's just to test if the Roosters get favouritism. I would bet anything that if the Dogs or another bottom team were the first ones to ask the NRL it would have been a flat NO. Surely now a precedent has been established so it would look very bad if they say no to anyone.
It would get rejected because he’s not ready not because Roosters get favouritism.